Very first factors first… hi there, I’m a Disney World Fanatic. I think it is significant to say, due to the fact I grew up heading to Walt Disney Environment and have been a passholder for about the previous 18 many years, because I moved down to Florida. For the longest time I assumed there was no explanation to check out Disneyland in California, following all ours is bigger! Why go stop by a land when you have entry to a full planet anytime you want? Disney Planet has 4 parks to give even though Disneyland only has two, why hassle. Effectively, I was completely wrong. So pretty completely wrong. In truth, I assume just about every Disney Entire world admirer ought to acquire the prospect to go to Disneyland.
My initially journey to Disneyland was a couple decades back and it was for a runDisney race. Eventually, the attract of a Coast to Coast medal was plenty of to lure me out to the flagship park on the East Coast. After I was there, something surprising transpired I fell in like with the parks. If I’m becoming genuine, I really do not believe I at any time needed to open up my heart to Disneyland because it seemed like I would be cheating on my “home park” of WDW. But let me tell you, they are pretty significantly their possess issue, with their very own identification and you will locate area in your coronary heart to like both equally. Each and every time I go, I find myself appreciating Disneyland a minor far more and additional. So I’m heading to give you the top rated 5 good reasons I assume Disneyland is well worth a trip for a WDW fanatic!
1. Initially off, Walt Disney walked there. I know a good deal of men and women may perhaps roll their eyes at this, but for a hardcore Disney admirer, this is a rather neat motive to go. When you move foot in Disneyland, you definitely do truly feel Walt’s presence. When you 1st wander into Major Avenue, you can glance to your left and see the lamp in Walt’s condominium previously mentioned the hearth station, it is now generally left on to honor his existence in the park. When you access the stop of Key Avenue, you can wander via the castle wherever he stood out front and gave the opening day speech. If that does not give your Disney-loving self a several goosebumps, I don’t know what will.
For individuals hunting to discover a little much more heritage about the parks and Walt’s everyday living in typical, I extremely recommend the Stroll in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps tour. I a short while ago did this tour and it was astounding. It’s about a few hrs extended and involves a strolling tour where by your information tells you historical past about the park and Walt and you pay attention to audio clips of Walt’s speeches and descriptions of the park. The coup de gras is that you finish with a tour of Walt’s apartment higher than the fire station. You get to see exactly where Walt and Lilly spent so a great deal time while they were at the parks and the see they experienced seeking out onto Key Road. Staying in that condominium where Walt was and looking at that lamp wanting above the park is almost a religious expertise for a Disney die tough.
2. Disneyland is a a great deal scaled-down park, and as this kind of, has the opportunity to build some good culinary encounters. I’m a bit of a Disney Entire world foodie, so I adore heading to Disneyland and looking at what foodstuff they have to offer you. You may possibly be asking yourself what currently being a smaller park has to do with anything, but it is a lot less complicated to do much more exceptional top quality meals when you are accomplishing it on a more compact scale. Disney Planet just doesn’t have the similar capability since they have to feed so lots of a lot more men and women on a day-to-day foundation.
When I really like character dining and several of WDW’s loved ones-design and style and buffet meals, I appreciate that Disneyland focuses on extra plated meals. From a cost point of view, it gives men and women of different budgets an solution. You can go in and just get an entree or go for a 3-program meal. I like the overall flexibility that an a la Carte menu provides. It can make it much much easier to have a desk company meal with out routinely committing to an all-you-can-try to eat or household-fashion affair. The high-quality of meals and theming is also terrific.
In my feeling, a single of the very best themed eating places in Disneyland park is Blue Bayou. Tucked in the coronary heart of New Orleans Sq., Blue Bayou is a restaurant that overlooks the within of Pirates of the Caribbean. I have been to Blue Bayou every single time I have gone to Disneyland, some excursions many situations, and the foodstuff and service is always impeccable. Ask for a desk by the water and expend an night overlooking the Pirates of the Caribbean boats drifting by as you sip on your (non-alcoholic) mint julep. For those people searching to up the ante at Blue Bayou, I suggest the Fantasmic! dining bundle. This is my preferred eating knowledge on residence and includes a three-system meal as nicely as reserved viewing for that night’s demonstrating of Fantasmic!
If you’re seeking for a minimal little bit a lot more relaxed table service encounter, cross on in excess of to California Journey and grab a table at Lamplight Lounge. This is a excellent place to get a couple of drinks and appetizers when you glimpse at all the Pixar memorabilia. Snacks also seem to be on a unique degree at Disneyland, and a journey is not full with no some Mickey-shaped beignets or specialty churros. Nowhere in Disney World can you discover a chocolate churro protected in cookie butter, topped with celebration sprinkles, and served with a marshmallow dipping sauce. All of their food just appears like it is a minimal bit extra specialty.
3. This could just be me, but Cars and trucks Land is now the most wonderful and very well-themed land in the Disney parks I’ve been to. If you have a Vehicles admirer in your bash it is nearly really worth it to choose the excursion only for this portion of the park. Cars and trucks Land is like stepping into the Pixar movie and simply just shouldn’t be skipped. The theming is incredible and I’m happier than a tornado in a trailer park just about every time I can grab a snack at the Cozy Cone and stroll down the streets of Radiator Springs. Radiator Springs Racers is a remarkably immersive journey that usually takes you by the scenery of Ornament Valley, into the Cars and trucks story with surprisingly lifelike animatronics and at last you race on a highspeed loop. It is 1 of the most well completed and immersive Disney rides. There are also two other household-helpful rides themed just after Tow Mater and Luigi. Each and every night, the tenants of Radiator Springs are introduced back again to their neon glory to the tune of Sh’Boom from the motion picture. Get some fried rooster from Floe’s V8 café and enjoy the ambiance at night time. Mater and Lightning also greet visitors through the working day in front of the Cozy Cone.
4. Even though the parks are smaller, Disneyland Park is 1 of the most experience dense parks. When Disneyland and Disney Planet have lots of of the exact same rides, there are so quite a few unique kinds to the California parks. Thrill seekers can enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, Incredicoaster, Matterhorn, and Indiana Jones just to name a few. Fantasyland presents quite a few exclusive rides like Alice in Wonderland, Storyland Canal Boats, and Pinnochio’s Daring Journey. There are so several exceptional rides and exhibits in between the two parks that you could conveniently invest a entire working day performing rides that are not discovered wherever at WDW. For WDW Enthusiasts, I consider a host of various rides is a enormous cause to make the vacation out East. They also still have a couple rides that have considering the fact that been replaced at WDW. It’s enjoyment to encounter a small blast from the earlier and get to do an additional spin on Mr. Toad’s Wild Journey or choose a drawing course at the Animation Academy.
5. There’s a specific simplicity to Disneyland. For any person accustomed to Disney Globe, it’s not out of the common to use at minimum two modes of transportation ahead of you reach a park entrance. Disneyland and California Experience are across an esplanade from every single other and will make park hopping amazingly effortless. It is fully doable to switch back and forth between the parks several occasions in the course of the day and it only expense you the quantity of time it normally takes to cross the esplanade. You practically are a stone’s toss absent from the up coming park entrance.
Bonus! My reward sixth motive is to experience the variance concerning Walt Disney Environment and Disneyland. There is some thing exciting about enduring the discrepancies in the parks and the rides. After you have been to Disneyland, you can then see the change concerning the Pirates of the Carribbean or “it’s a tiny planet.” Both of those parks have quite a few attractions that are the very same but ended up executed a little bit in another way. For a Disney Environment fanatic, it can be pleasurable to simply working experience the discrepancies in like rides or the displays like Fantasmic! You can also see why Walt envisioned what he did for Disney Globe. Disneyland is in the center of Anaheim, surrounded by the outside planet. Correct outside the gates are chains like Ihop and several locate it disconcerting that you aren’t totally immersed in the home. However, I even come across that exciting. You can see what Walt considered labored and didn’t do the job at his flagship park and what changes had been built for Disney Earth. It brings a new knowledge of why Walt Disney World residence is so immersive and set apart from the exterior earth.