Universal UNIVRS – a first-of-its-kind retail destination – is now open at Universal CityWalk Hollywood, bringing favorite NBCUniversal brands to life in new ways.
Photos courtesy of Universal Studios Hollywood
UNIVRS leans into the “get it before it’s gone” drop culture mindset through limited-edition style-driven merchandise featuring favorite characters like Felix the Cat, Universal Monsters, and the Minions, as well as memorable moments from iconic Universal movies, including “Jurassic Park” and “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.”
Your best day in LA just got better! 💛 Welcome to Universal UNIVRS, a shopping destination unlike any other! Now open on CityWalk! pic.twitter.com/1LHlVOn4ZV
— Universal Studios Hollywood (@UniStudios) September 28, 2022
Developed by Universal Products & Experiences (a new division of Universal Parks and Resorts), the store’s limited-quantity exclusive merchandise – from tees and hoodies to tracksuits and hats, to tote bags and skate decks – will be available in men’s, women’s, and unisex categories (sizes XS-2XL) ranging in price from $30 – $100.
“Universal UNIVRS celebrates casual and super fans who are looking for elevated, character-inspired merchandise that’s influenced by popular fashion trends seen around the world,” said President of Universal Products & Experiences Vince Klaseus. “With new, limited-edition collections released every few months – and only available at Universal CityWalk – shoppers will continue to be surprised by new styles and the store’s fresh take on apparel, accessories and collectibles.”
Marylou Faure Collection
UNIVRS will also offer exclusive merchandise from international artists like Marylou Faure (UK) and Sambypen (Korea), who created designs inspired by “Minions: The Rise of Gru” for streetwear styles, including bucket and corduroy hats, crop tank tops, matching sweatshirt and pant sets, tracksuits, tees and more.
Jason Keam Mural
In addition, Los Angeles-based artist Jason Keam has created a selfie wall mural in the UNIVRS store to celebrate the 40th anniversary of “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial,” and his mural art inspired designs for exclusive apparel and totes that will be coming soon.
“This is a one in a million opportunity for me to celebrate the epic classic, E.T., through my creative lens,” Keam said. “Growing up in Southern California, much like the kids in the film, I craved inspiration, friendships, and adventure all the while staying connected to my family and community. My hope is that my artwork and involvement in this project conveys a playful spirit, sense of wonder, and connection to our homes, no matter the galaxy.”
UNIVRS merchandise highlights include:
- Numbskull’s Rubber Road (U.K.) collectible ducks, featuring rubber ducks as characters from popular NBCUniversal film and TV brands.
- Kid Robot collectible 11” figures showcasing the Minions.
- Bucket and trucker hats, tees, hoodies, tracksuits, socks, and more featuring artwork by international designers Marylou Faure and Sambypen inspired by the 1960s/70s vibe in “Minions: The Rise of Gru.”
- Classic black and white Felix the Cat in a varsity-style aesthetic across beanies, skirts, shirts, jackets, sweaters, tees, and more.
- Good Luck Trolls combined with positive affirmations and tie-dye for a collection of sweatshirts, sweatpants, tees, and totes.
- Short and long-sleeve unisex tees featuring iconic NBCUniversal characters, such as Jaws, Big Lebowski, Hot Stuff, Richie Rich, Fast & Furious, The Breakfast Club, Universal Monsters, and more.
- Unisex apparel and totes showcasing iconic black and white film imagery and iconography from Universal classics, including E.T., “Jurassic Park,” “Back to the Future,” and more.
- Skate decks featuring artwork inspired by “Back to the Future,” “Jurassic Park,” E.T., and Minions.
Photos by Eric Oh
The UNIVRS store is located in the Universal Studio Store adjacent to the theme park’s main entrance.
Click here for more information.