Universal Studios Japan will have a full slate of Halloween Horror Nights experiences in 2022.
Courtesy of Universal Studios Japan
After a hiatus and last year’s abbreviated event, Universal Studios Japan will bring back a full Halloween Horror Nights experience with haunted houses, scare zones, and more.
USJ’s “No Limit!” Halloween event kicks off on Sept. 8 and runs through Nov. 6. For Halloween Horror Nights will be four haunted attractions, scare zones with the most zombies in park history, and creepy rides and entertainment throughout the park.
- Universal Monsters: Legends of Fear: Step into the territories of iconic Universal monsters like Dracula, Wolf Man, and Frankenstein and see if you can escape their clutches.
- Biohazard: The Extreme: The fan-favorite maze based on “Resident Evil” returns to Japan’s HHN. It’s set in Raccoon City and offers two different routes to try and escape from hungry zombies and other horrific creatures like Super Tyrants and Lickers.
- Cult of Chucky: The world’s scariest doll is back with even more cruel and sadistic attacks – this time, he’s dismembering hospital patients.
あなたが過去 #USJ で激写したゾンビ写真に#私の絶恐ゾンビ をつけて投稿してね‼️
— ユニバーサル・スタジオ・ジャパン公式 (@USJ_Official) July 21, 2022
Other haunted entertainment
- Sherlock Holmes: The Curse of the Rose Sword: Dubbed “horror theater,” this immersive experience takes you back to a 1930s Hollywood movie premiere and the site of a gruesome and mysterious murder. The next victim could be you, so you must play detective in this horror twist on a Sherlock Holmes story.
- Street Zombies: There’s no escaping the massive horde of zombies taking over the park and led by demented teddy bear Hamikuma. The park-wide scare zone is also using projection mapping this year to dial up the scares.
- Zombie Dance Party: Don’t miss out on the last year of the “Rat-Tat-Tat” Dance Party featuring Hamikuma’s circus troupe performing grisly and macabre tricks.
- Hollywood Dream the Ride: The “Rat-Tat-Tat” song returns to the playlist on the coaster and the Backdrop.
Halloween experiences for the whole family
Universal Studios Japan will also have not-so-scary daytime experiences for families, including Sanrio and Universal characters dressed up in Halloween costumes.
- My Melody & Kuromi: Happy Halloween Greeting: New this year are meet and greet opportunities with My Melody and Kuromi while they’re in cute new witch costumes.
- Minion Halloween Greeting: Gru’s Minions will also be meeting guests in their Halloween best, like as Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, and Dracula.
- Trick-or-Treating: All day before 5 p.m., guests of all ages can get free treats from crew members by saying “trick-or-treat.” Crew members will be wearing orange jack-o-lantern shoulder bags in certain areas of the park, excluding Super Nintendo World and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Universal Wonderland Halloween “Dance-a-Long”: The Universal Wonderland area of the park will host a dance party of costumed characters.
Check here for more information about Halloween events at Universal Studios Japan.