PASADENA, Calif. (CNS) — The Tournament of Roses will announce its 2022 Rose Queen Tuesday, deciding upon a youthful lady from the Pasadena location to reign more than the yearly Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game.
The queen will be chosen from amongst 7 users of the 2022 Royal Courtroom, who were chosen before this thirty day period.
The 7 customers are:
- Jeannine Brigs of John Marshall Elementary Significant University
- Nadia Chung of La Canada Substantial College
- Ava Feldman of South Pasadena Significant School
- Abigail Griffith of Pasadena Significant College
- Swetha Somasundaram of Arcadia Significant College
- McKenzie Road of Flintridge Sacred Coronary heart
- Jaeda Walden of La Canada Large School
The Royal Court users and the Rose Queen serve as ambassadors for the Match of Roses, the Pasadena community and larger Los Angeles area, attending dozens of community events and engagements in the months primary up to the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Recreation.
Each and every member of the court receives a $7,500 academic scholarship as section of the Tournament of Roses’ legacy.
Members of the court docket are chosen from amongst hundreds of candidates each and every calendar year, based on standards like community speaking, educational accomplishment, youth leadership and neighborhood and university involvement.
The concept of the 2022 Rose Parade, the 133rd procession, is “Desire. Imagine. Realize.” Actor, philanthropist and reading advocate LeVar Burton will be the grand marshal.