Top Things To Do in Orlando: A Comprehensive Guide
When we think of Orlando, Florida, the first thing that comes to mind is usually Disney World. While it’s true that Disney is a fantastic destination, there are so many other things to do and see in this vibrant city. With its sunny weather, lively nightlife, and endless attractions, Orlando is the perfect vacation spot for families or couples. Here are some of the top things to do in Orlando.
1. Visit the Theme Parks
It’s impossible to talk about Orlando without mentioning the many theme parks. In addition to Disney World, there are also Universal Studios, SeaWorld, and Legoland, just to name a few. Each park offers a unique experience, from thrilling roller coasters to interactive exhibits. We recommend planning ahead and purchasing tickets online to skip the long lines. And don’t forget to bring sunscreen, as the Florida sun can be intense.
2. Experience Nature
Orlando is home to numerous parks and gardens, allowing visitors to experience Florida’s natural beauty. From the lush Harry P. Leu Gardens to the stunning Lake Eola Park, there are plenty of outdoor spaces to explore. For animal lovers, we suggest visiting Gatorland or the Central Florida Zoo, where you can get up close and personal with exotic creatures. And for a truly unique adventure, check out the Orlando Tree Trek Adventure Park, which offers zip-lining and obstacle courses in the treetops.
3. Shop Until You Drop
Orlando is a shopper’s paradise, with a wide variety of stores and outlets to choose from. The Mall at Millenia is a must-visit destination, with high-end boutiques such as Gucci and Louis Vuitton. The nearby Prime Outlets offer discounted prices on designer brands, while the Florida Mall has something for everyone with over 250 stores. But shopping isn’t just limited to malls – there are also quaint streets to wander and specialty shops to discover, such as the famous Ron Jon Surf Shop.
4. Indulge in the Food Scene
Orlando’s dining scene is diverse and delicious, with options ranging from exquisite fine dining to casual street food. For a traditional Floridian meal, try some seafood at the famous Oyster Bar. For a unique experience, head to the Sugar Factory for extravagant desserts and cocktails. And for those with a sweet tooth, don’t miss out on the churros at Disney’s Magic Kingdom. With so many options to choose from, be sure to come hungry and ready to explore.
5. Take in the Culture
Orlando has a rich history and culture, and there are many museums and galleries to explore. The Orlando Museum of Art showcases contemporary pieces, while the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art features stunning stained glass windows. For a glimpse into the past, visit the Orange County Regional History Center. And for music lovers, we recommend the House of Blues or the Hard Rock Cafe, both of which offer live performances and delicious food.
In conclusion, Orlando is a city that has something for everyone. From theme parks and nature experiences to shopping and dining, there’s never a dull moment. Whether you’re visiting for a long weekend or a week-long vacation, there’s always something new to discover. So book your trip, pack your bags, and get ready to explore this magical city.
Most Asked Queries Concerning Top Things To Do Orlando
What are the best amusement parks in Orlando?
Orlando is renowned for its amusement parks and attracts millions of visitors every year. If you’re planning a trip to Orlando, make sure you don’t miss out on these amusement parks:
1. Walt Disney World: Walt Disney World is the most famous amusement park in Orlando, and it includes four theme parks that cater to different ages and preferences.
2. Universal Studios: Universal Studios is a destination in itself and gives visitors a behind-the-scenes look at some of the most popular films and TV shows.
3. SeaWorld: SeaWorld focuses on marine life and gives visitors an experience of underwater animals.
– Walt Disney World consists of four theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
– Universal Studios has two theme parks: Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
– SeaWorld has different shows and attractions, with the most popular attractions being roller coasters, shows featuring sea animals, and educational exhibits about marine life.
What are the best outdoor activities in Orlando?
Orlando has a lot to offer for nature enthusiasts and adventurers. Here are some of the best outdoor activities:
1. Kennedy Space Center: A visit to Kennedy Space Center is not only fun but also educational. Visitors can learn about space exploration and the history of NASA.
2. Airboat Rides: An airboat ride in the Everglades is a unique experience to see wildlife and nature up close and personal.
3. Golfing: Orlando is home to some of the best golf courses in the world, and it’s a perfect place to golf with beautiful warm weather.
– Kennedy Space Center has different tours available for visitors, like the “Behind the Gates” or “Lunch with an Astronaut” tours.
– Airboat rides through the Everglades offer a thrilling experience to see alligators, birds, and beautiful nature, but make sure you respect the environment and its inhabitants.
– Orlando has over 170 golf courses, and some of the most famous ones are Bay Hill Club & Lodge, Waldorf Astoria Golf Club, and Grand Cypress Golf Club.
What are the best museums to visit in Orlando?
If you’re interested in history, culture, and art, Orlando has some impressive museums that you should visit.
1. Orlando Museum of Art: The Orlando Museum of Art features a wide range of local and regional art exhibitions and works from American and world-famous artists.
2. Morse Museum: The Morse Museum displays the world’s largest collection of Tiffany art and is a hidden gem that many visitors miss out on.
3. Orange County Regional History Center: The Orange County Regional History Center offers exhibits showcasing the unique history of Orlando and central Florida.
– The Orlando Museum of Art has different exhibitions available, including contemporary, American, ancient American, and African art.
– The Morse Museum has different Tiffany collections on display, like stained glass, lamps, jewelry, ceramics, and more.
– The Orange County Regional History Center has several exhibits and programs, including temporary exhibits, the “Spotlight Florida” exhibit, and educational programs.
What are the best activities for families in Orlando?
Orlando is an excellent destination for families, with plenty of fun activities for all ages. Some of the best activities for families include:
1. Discovery Cove: A family-friendly aquatic park that offers visitors an opportunity to swim with dolphins and other marine animals.
2. LEGOLAND Florida: The LEGOLAND Florida resort is a great adventure park that offers tons of activities for kids and families, including rides, shows, and LEGO building activities.
3. Gatorland: Gatorland is a wildlife park that showcases a variety of alligators, crocodiles, and other animals, including exotic birds and snakes.
– At Discovery Cove, you need to book your experience in advance, as daily attendance is limited.
– LEGOLAND Florida has different attractions, like the LEGO Ninjago World, the World of Chima, and the LEGO Kingdoms.
– At Gatorland, you can also experience the thrilling “Screamin’ Gator Zip Line” adventure or watch the “Gator Jumparoo Show” featuring alligators.
What are the best shopping destinations in Orlando?
Orlando has endless shopping possibilities, and it’s heaven for shopping enthusiasts. Some of the best shopping destinations in Orlando include:
1. The Mall at Millenia: The Mall at Millenia is the most high-end shopping experience available in Orlando, with more than 150 stores that offer top-of-the-line brands and designer shops.
2. Universal CityWalk: Universal CityWalk is a vibrant entertainment complex that features not only restaurants, bars, and cinemas, but also different stores that cater to all styles and tastes.
3. Orlando International Premium Outlets: The Orlando International Premium Outlets offer shoppers more than 160 stores with discounted prices, including popular brands like Gucci, Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, and Nike.
– The Mall at Millenia has different stores available, including Louis Vuitton, Prada, Tiffany & Co., and Versace.
– Universal CityWalk has different shopping options, like the Universal Studios Store, Quiet Flight Surf Shop, and Fresh Produce.
– Orlando International Premium Outlets offer options for all budgets, including outlet stores of designers like Armani, Coach, and Kate Spade.
Common Misconceptions Concerning Top Things To Do Orlando
Orlando is only for families with kids
One common misconception about Orlando is that it only caters to families with children. While it is true that Orlando has many attractions designed for kids, including theme parks and water parks, there are plenty of activities that are suitable for adults and even seniors. Some of the top things to do in Orlando for adults include playing golf, visiting museums, and exploring the city’s vibrant nightlife scene.
Theme parks are the only attractions worth visiting in Orlando
Another common misconception about Orlando is that theme parks are the only things worth seeing in the area. While there is no doubt that the city has some of the best theme parks in the world, there are plenty of other attractions that are worth visiting. Some of the top non-theme park attractions in Orlando include the Kennedy Space Center, Gatorland, and the Orlando Science Center.
Orlando is always hot and sunny
Many people mistakenly assume that Orlando is always hot and sunny. While it is true that Orlando is located in a warm, tropical climate, the weather can vary greatly depending on the time of year. Summers in Orlando are typically hot and humid, with frequent thunderstorms. Winters, on the other hand, can be much cooler and drier, with temperatures sometimes dropping below freezing.
You need to spend a lot of money to have fun in Orlando
Another common misconception about Orlando is that you need to spend a lot of money to have fun. While it is true that some of the city’s top attractions, such as Disney World and Universal Studios, can be quite expensive, there are plenty of other activities that are more budget-friendly. Some of the best free or inexpensive activities in Orlando include visiting the city’s many parks and nature preserves, exploring the downtown area, and attending local festivals and events.
You need to rent a car to get around Orlando
Many people assume that they need to rent a car to get around Orlando. While having a car can certainly make it easier to get from place to place, it is not always necessary. The city has a robust public transportation system that includes buses and trains, making it easy to get around without a car. Additionally, many of the city’s top attractions, such as theme parks and shopping centers, offer shuttle services that make it easy to get around without a car as well.
Top Things To Do Orlando