Things To Do In Florida Near Orlando
Orlando, Florida is known for its world-renowned theme parks and attractions, but there are many other things to do in the Sunshine State near Orlando. Whether you’re looking to explore the great outdoors or want to experience the local culture, there is something for everyone in Florida. In this article, we’ll explore the top things to do in Florida near Orlando.
1. Visit the Kennedy Space Center
The Kennedy Space Center is our first recommendation for those looking for things to do in Florida near Orlando. It is located just over an hour’s drive from Orlando and offers an immersive experience into NASA’s space program. Visitors can see space shuttle Atlantis on display, witness a rocket launch, and take part in interactive exhibits that showcase the history of space exploration. The Kennedy Space Center is a must-visit for anyone looking to learn more about space and technology.
2. Explore the Everglades National Park
Located a few hours south of Orlando, the Everglades National Park is home to some of the most diverse wildlife in the country. Visitors can take an airboat tour through the wetlands to see alligators, manatees, and even the elusive Florida panther. The park is also home to several hiking trails and kayak/canoe routes, allowing visitors to explore the unique ecosystem up close. The Everglades National Park is the perfect place to get away from the hustle and bustle of Orlando and experience the natural beauty of Florida.
3. Relax at Clearwater Beach
Clearwater Beach is located on the Gulf of Mexico and is just a short drive from Orlando. The beach is known for its crystal-clear water and white sandy beaches. Visitors can relax in the sun, take a dip in the water, or enjoy one of the many beachside restaurants and shops. For those looking for adventure, there are several water sports and activities available including parasailing, jet skiing, and paddleboarding. Clearwater Beach is the perfect place to unwind and soak up the Florida sun.
4. Experience the Art and Culture of Winter Park
Winter Park is a city located just a few miles north of Orlando and is known for its quaint boutiques, cafes, and art galleries. Visitors can take a stroll through the city’s scenic parks and gardens or explore the many local museums and art exhibits. The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art is a must-visit for anyone interested in art and history. It features a collection of Tiffany glass, pottery, and paintings that are sure to impress. Winter Park is the perfect place to experience the local culture and discover hidden gems.
5. Visit the Harry P. Leu Gardens
The Harry P. Leu Gardens is a 50-acre botanical garden located in Orlando. Visitors can take a guided tour of the lush gardens and discover hundreds of plant species from around the world. The garden is also home to several historic homes and museums that offer insight into the history of the area. The Harry P. Leu Gardens is a unique and tranquil way to experience the natural beauty of Florida.
In conclusion, there are plenty of things to do in Florida near Orlando beyond the theme parks. Whether you’re interested in space exploration, nature, art, or culture, there is something for everyone. From the Kennedy Space Center to the Harry P. Leu Gardens, these attractions offer a glimpse into the diverse and exciting experiences that Florida has to offer. So next time you’re in Orlando, be sure to explore beyond the theme parks and discover the hidden gems of Florida.
Frequently Raised Concerns About Things To Do In Florida Near Orlando
What are the best theme parks in Orlando?
– Walt Disney World: It is one of the most famous theme parks in the world and offers thrilling rides, character experiences, and more.
– Universal Orlando Resort: This theme park is best known for Harry Potter-themed rides and lands.
– SeaWorld Orlando: Apart from amazing water-themed rides, visitors can also watch marine animals like dolphins, whales, and sea lions.
What are some popular outdoor activities in Orlando?
– Airboat tours: Experience the thrill of riding an airboat and spotting alligators and other wildlife in their natural habitat.
– Kayaking: Rent a kayak and paddle through the beautiful and serene waters of the Wekiva River or the Blue Spring.
– Zip-lining: Fly through the treetops at high speeds on ziplines and enjoy the beautiful views of Florida’s natural areas.
What are some top museums to visit in Orlando?
– Orlando Museum of Art: It houses a vast collection of American and ancient artifacts, including sculptures, paintings, and photographs.
– The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art: It is home to the largest collection of work by Louis Comfort Tiffany, including magnificent stained glass windows, jewelry, and ceramics.
– Orlando Science Center: A science museum with interactive exhibits and a planetarium, perfect for families with children.
What are some fun activities to do in Orlando at night?
– City Walk: A lively entertainment district with bars, clubs, and restaurants to dine and dance the night away.
– Ghost tours: Explore the haunted spots of Orlando while being guided by professionals who share the city’s ghostly legends and stories.
– Cirque du Soleil: Attend a world-renowned acrobatic show that is sure to leave you stunned with its impressive skills and choreography.
What are some family-friendly activities in Orlando?
– Legoland: A theme park designed especially for families with younger children, with lego-themed rides and attractions.
– Gatorland: Watch live shows featuring alligators and crocodiles and get a chance to zipline over them.
– Kennedy Space Center: A destination for both education and entertainment, visitors can learn about NASA’s space exploration history and even see a rocket launch.
Wrong Beliefs Concerning Things To Do In Florida Near Orlando
Introduction: Common Misconceptions about Things To Do In Florida Near Orlando
Orlando, Florida is a popular tourist destination known for its sandy beaches, theme parks, restaurants, and bustling nightlife. However, there are some common misconceptions about the things to do in Florida near Orlando that may discourage tourists from exploring the state to the fullest.
In this article, we will discuss some of the common misconceptions about the various activities in Florida near Orlando that prevent tourists from fully enjoying their vacation.
Misconception 1: Orlando is only about theme parks
Most people think that the most significant attraction of Orlando is its theme parks, such as Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World. As a result, tourists often overlook other options that are available for entertainment.
While the theme parks are undoubtedly a significant attraction in Orlando, there are numerous other places to visit and things to do that do not involve rides, such as art galleries, museums, and wildlife reserves. There are also numerous water parks, sports stadiums, and golf courses for tourists to enjoy.
Misconception 2: You can’t enjoy Florida’s beaches near Orlando
While Orlando may not be known for its beaches, there are plenty of nearby beaches for tourists to enjoy. Contrary to popular belief, Florida’s coastal areas near Orlando are full of beautiful beaches that attract millions of visitors each year.
Some of the popular beaches near Orlando include Cocoa Beach, Daytona Beach, and New Smyrna Beach, and each beach has its unique attractions.
Misconception 3: Orlando is all about the nightlife
Orlando is known for its bustling nightlife scene, from bars to nightclubs to live music venues. However, this should not be the only thing that travelers associate with the city. There is a wide variety of attractions and entertainment options available, including theme parks, museums, and nature reserves.
If you’re not into nightlife, there is still plenty to do in Orlando, such as visiting the Kennedy Space Center, hiking the trails at Wekiwa Springs State Park, taking an airboat ride in the Everglades, or going on a wildlife safari.
Misconception 4: Orlando is not family-friendly outside of the theme parks
While Orlando is known for its theme parks, it’s still a great place for families looking for non-theme park activities. There are various family-friendly attractions that cater to all ages, such as indoor go-karting, aquariums, and water parks.
Additionally, there are plenty of family-oriented nature preserves, museums, and theaters where children can learn about nature, history, and culture.
Misconception 5: Orlando is only worth visiting in the summer months
One of the most common misconceptions about Orlando is that it’s only worth visiting when the weather is warm in the summer months. However, the city is an excellent destination for year-round travel.
The winter season is typically milder, making it ideal for outdoor activities like hiking, biking, and kayaking. Moreover, the city offers various winter-themed events, such as holiday light shows and parades.
Florida has so much to offer than just theme parks, beaches, and nightlife. Exploring the state and discovering the hidden gems can be a memorable experience of your life. With this article, hopefully, tourists have learned about the various attractions and activities available in Florida near Orlando, including the ones that are lesser-known but no less enjoyable.
Things To Do In Florida Near Orlando