When most people think of Orlando, Florida, they likely think of Mickey Mouse and theme parks. However, Orlando has much more to offer than just family-friendly activities. Whether you’re traveling solo, with friends, or with a significant other, Orlando offers a variety of things to do for adults. From unique restaurants to outdoor adventures, here are some ideas to make the most of your time in Orlando.
Explore the Great Outdoors
While Orlando may be known for its theme parks, it also has some beautiful natural areas. There are plenty of opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors, whether you prefer biking, hiking, or water sports. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
1. Take a bike ride at the West Orange Trail
The West Orange Trail is a 22-mile paved bike trail that winds through Orange County. It’s a great way to get some exercise and enjoy the scenery. The trail passes through several small towns along the way, so you can stop for a bite to eat or some shopping.
2. Go kayaking at Wekiwa Springs State Park
Located just north of Orlando, Wekiwa Springs State Park is a popular spot for kayaking, canoeing, and paddleboarding. The crystal-clear water is perfect for spotting fish and wildlife. You can also take a dip in the natural springs to cool off on a hot day.
3. Visit the Harry P. Leu Gardens
The Harry P. Leu Gardens are 50 acres of beautiful botanical gardens located just minutes from downtown Orlando. You can stroll through the gardens and admire the lush plant life, or attend one of the many events and classes held throughout the year.
Indulge in the Food Scene
Orlando has a thriving food scene, with a wide range of restaurants and cuisines to choose from. Whether you’re in the mood for something fancy or something casual, there’s something for everyone. Here are a few suggestions to tantalize your taste buds:
1. Enjoy a farm-to-table meal at The Rusty Spoon
The Rusty Spoon is a farm-to-table restaurant located in downtown Orlando. Chef Kathleen Blake uses locally sourced ingredients to create delicious dishes that showcase the flavors of Florida.
2. Have a burger at BurgerFi
BurgerFi is a casual burger chain with several locations in the Orlando area. Their burgers are made with all-natural beef and topped with a variety of fresh toppings. They also offer vegetarian and vegan options.
3. Sip some craft beer at Crooked Can Brewing Company
Located in nearby Winter Garden, Crooked Can Brewing Company is a craft brewery with a taproom that offers a variety of beers brewed on-site. They also have a food hall with several vendors, so you can enjoy a meal while you sample their brews.
Experience the Arts and Culture
Orlando has a thriving arts and culture scene, with plenty of museums, theaters, and galleries to explore. Here are a few suggestions for immersing yourself in the local arts community:
1. Visit the Orlando Museum of Art
The Orlando Museum of Art showcases a variety of exhibits and collections, with a focus on modern and contemporary art. They also offer workshops and events throughout the year.
2. Check out a performance at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts is a state-of-the-art facility that hosts a variety of performances, from Broadway shows to concerts to dance performances.
3. Wander through the Cornell Fine Arts Museum
Located on the campus of Rollins College in Winter Park, the Cornell Fine Arts Museum has a collection of over 5,000 works of art from around the world. They also have traveling exhibits and a variety of events and programs.
Relax and Unwind
Of course, no vacation is complete without some relaxation and pampering. Luckily, Orlando has plenty of spas and wellness centers to help you recharge. Here are a few suggestions for taking some time for yourself:
1. Book a treatment at The Spa at the Four Seasons Resort
The Spa at the Four Seasons Resort offers a variety of treatments, from massages to facials to body wraps. They also have a sauna and steam room to help you relax.
2. Visit the Salt Room Orlando
The Salt Room Orlando is a wellness center that offers salt therapy, where you sit in a room filled with Himalayan salt and breathe in the air. The therapy is said to help with respiratory health, allergies, and skin conditions.
3. Take a yoga class at YogaMix Orlando
YogaMix Orlando is a yoga studio that offers a variety of classes, from gentle Hatha yoga to sweaty power flow. They also offer workshops and events throughout the year.
Explore Unique Attractions
Orlando has plenty of unique attractions that you won’t find anywhere else. Here are a few suggestions for getting off the beaten path:
1. Visit the Holy Land Experience
The Holy Land Experience is a theme park that focuses on the life of Jesus and the history of Israel. It features live shows, reenactments, and exhibits that bring the Bible to life.
2. Go to a murder mystery dinner at Sleuths Mystery Dinner Shows
Sleuths Mystery Dinner Shows is a interactive theater where you can solve a murder while enjoying a meal. The shows are family-friendly, but they also have adult-only shows for a more mature crowd.
3. Take a tour of the Orlando City Stadium
If you’re a soccer fan, you’ll want to take a tour of the Orlando City Stadium. You can see the locker rooms, the field, and learn about the history of the team. They also offer game-day tours on home game days.
In conclusion, Orlando has much more to offer than just theme parks. Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, or culture, there’s something for everyone. By exploring the great outdoors, indulging in the food scene, experiencing the arts and culture, taking time to relax and unwind, and checking out unique attractions, you’ll have a vacation that you’ll never forget. So, what are you waiting for? Start planning your next trip to Orlando today!
Top Inquiries Concerning Things To Do For Adults In Orlando
What are the top theme parks for adults in Orlando?
There are numerous world-class theme parks in Orlando, but some are better suited for adults based on their theme, ride selection, and overall atmosphere. Here are the top three theme parks for adults:
1. Universal Studios Florida – This park is perfect for adults who enjoy thrill rides and immersive experiences. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is a must-visit for any Potterhead, and the park’s virtual reality rides are cutting-edge.
2. Epcot – While Epcot has plenty of family-friendly attractions, it is also a great park for adults who love cultural experiences. The World Showcase features pavilions representing different countries, each with unique food, drinks, and entertainment.
3. Disney’s Hollywood Studios – This park is ideal for movie buffs who want to step into the worlds of their favorite flicks. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the park’s newest land, and it’s a must-visit for any Star Wars fan.
What is the best nightlife spot in Orlando?
For those looking for a great night out in Orlando, there are many options to choose from. Here’s one of the best:
1. Wall Street Plaza – This downtown area is home to several bars, each with its own vibe. Whether you’re looking for a laid-back spot to grab a beer or a club to dance the night away, you’ll find it at Wall Street Plaza. Plus, there are often events and live music.
What are the best outdoor activities in Orlando for adults?
Orlando has plenty to offer beyond its theme parks. Here are three great outdoor activities for adults:
1. Kayaking in Wekiva Springs State Park – Rent a kayak and explore the serene waterways of Wekiva Springs State Park. You may even spot some wildlife like alligators and manatees.
2. Golfing at Bay Hill Club & Lodge – This world-renowned golf course was designed by Arnold Palmer and is a must-play for any golf enthusiast.
3. Biking along the West Orange Trail – This 22-mile trail takes you through scenic parks, small towns, and even an orange grove. Rent a bike and take in the beautiful Florida landscape.
What are the best museums to visit in Orlando?
For those who enjoy learning and exploring, Orlando has several great museums to visit. Here are three of the best:
1. Orlando Museum of Art – This museum features a wide variety of art from both established and up-and-coming artists.
2. Orlando Science Center – This interactive museum is great for all ages and features exhibits on everything from space to dinosaurs.
3. The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art – This museum is home to the largest collection of Louis Comfort Tiffany’s work, including his signature stained-glass creations.
What are the best food options in Orlando for adults?
Orlando is home to a wide variety of culinary options, from international cuisine to local favorites. Here are three food options that are great for adults:
1. Wine Bar George – This upscale wine bar features an extensive selection of wines from around the world, as well as delicious small plates to pair with your vino.
2. The Ravenous Pig – This award-winning gastropub serves up elevated pub fare and craft cocktails in a cozy, rustic setting.
3. Santiago’s Bodega – This tapas restaurant is perfect for sharing plates and trying a variety of flavors. Pair your meal with a refreshing sangria.
Wrong Interpretations Concerning Things To Do For Adults In Orlando
Misconception 1: Orlando is only for families with kids
Orlando is a city that is synonymous with family vacations and children’s entertainment. However, this doesn’t mean that the city is only built for kids. Numerous activities cater to adults just as well as children. From upscale bars to luxury spas, Orlando has something for everyone to enjoy.
Misconception 2: Orlando is just theme parks
Although Orlando is famous for its theme parks, it is not only about them. Orlando has a vibrant nightlife scene with numerous bars, clubs, and shows that are perfect for adults. Additionally, the city is home to world-class museums, galleries, and theaters that offer entertainment options for every taste.
Misconception 3: Food options in Orlando are limited
Orlando has evolved into a foodie destination in recent years, with delicious options ranging from upscale dining to street fare. Amidst the tourist attractions and theme parks, Orlando’s food scene is thriving. There are numerous ethnic cuisines at various price points and styles, including Florida’s seafood and Latin-inspired dishes.
Misconception 4: Orlando is just for outdoor activities
While Orlando has beautiful weather year-round, it is not just an outdoor destination. If you’re looking for something indoors, the city offers numerous experiences ranging from escape rooms to museums, art galleries, and boutique shopping centers. You can spend an entire day exploring the many indoor activities that Orlando has to offer without worrying about braving the heat or rain.
Misconception 5: Orlando is always crowded
Orlando is widely visited for its theme parks and large-scale tourist attractions, leading many to think the city is always crowded. However, the city has plenty of less popular areas to explore that can provide a more relaxing and intimate experience. Additionally, many popular attractions in Orlando tend to be less crowded during certain seasons or times of the day, allowing visitors to enjoy what the city has to offer without crowds. With a little research and planning, visitors can experience a quieter, more relaxing side of Orlando.
Things To Do For Adults In Orlando