Exploring Orlando can be the perfect vacation plan for not only kids but adults. The endless thrills and excitement that Orlando has to offer are not only confined to theme parks and attractions. Orlando boasts an array of diverse activities perfect for adults looking for a getaway. In this article, we will explore the top things for adults to do in Orlando. So, get your adrenaline pumping because we have created a perfect list for you to enjoy your time in Orlando.
1. Visit the Kennedy Space Center
One of the top attractions that Orlando has to offer is the Kennedy Space Center. This is a chance for adults to enhance their knowledge of space and science. Kennedy Space Center is the perfect place for science enthusiasts as it provides visitors with an opportunity to learn about space exploration and to see a real-life space shuttle up close. The Space Center offers a variety of guided tours and exhibits, making it a great day trip opportunity. The interactive exhibits at the Kennedy Space Center are an excellent way to immerse oneself in the world of space exploration. One of the highlights of visiting the Kennedy Space Center is witnessing a rocket launch into space. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be close to this feat of human engineering.
2. Enjoy a Game of Golf
Orlando is famous for its golf courses, and it is undoubtedly one of the most luxurious and high-end places to play golf. Orlando is home to more than 170 golf courses, each with its distinctive design and style. One of the most popular golf clubs is the Bay Hill Club and Lodge, a private golf club in Orlando that has hosted the Arnold Palmer invitational annually. The course provides a picturesque view of the water and is testing for golfers of any level. Many other courses offer challenges for golfers, like the Grand Cypress golf club, with its signature hole of the game, the island green at 17.
3. Explore The World’s Largest McDonald’s
Orlando is home to the largest McDonald’s restaurant in the world. The McDonald’s located on International Drive has more than 19,000 sq. ft. of eating space and is a three-story establishment. This McDonald’s offers more than just happy meals, as it features a play area, a dessert bar, and a pizza station. The menu at this location offers all the favorites, but it goes beyond with some exclusive items. An interesting thing to do at this location is to sit and watch the children play in a massive play area located in the center of the restaurant. It may sound strange, but the McDonald’s is worth checking out, and it is sure to leave one with some memories.
4. Visit The Orlando Brewing Company
Orlando Brewing Company is the only certified organic brewing company in Central Florida, and it offers a unique experience for adults. The brewery has been established for over 15 years and features over 30 different types of local brews, making it a perfect spot for craft beer enthusiasts. The tours of the brewery provide a behind-the-scenes look and teach guests how beer is made, the brewing process, and the ingredients used in creating individual brews. The brewery offers a large patio that offers a view of the brewing process and a perfect spot to enjoy one’s brew. It also has a fantastic selection of beers that can be purchased in advance, making it a convenient place for a quick drink after a long day of exploring.
5. Enjoy an Evening Show Dinner
Orlando offers some of the most exciting evening dinner shows. A good example is the Pirate’s Dinner Adventure, which is perfect for adults looking to let their hair down and have some fun. The show features a group of swashbuckling pirates, acrobatics, and an all-you-can-eat meal. The feast is ample, and guests are spoilt for choice. Alongside the food, the show is an array of entertainment that takes the audience on a thrilling journey through a live pirate show. Another great dinner show is the medieval-themed show at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament, perfect for showcasing bravery, combat, and horsemanship. The show also features a four-course feast that is finger-licking good.
In conclusion, Orlando has consistently been a sought-after destination for families, thanks to its theme parks, attractions and kid-friendly activities. Nevertheless, the city is not only for kids as it has a broad range of adult-centric activities. The Kennedy Space Center, Orlando Brewing Company, visiting the world’s largest McDonald’s, a luxurious round of golf, and an evening dinner show are just some of the best things that adults can do while in Orlando. Each of these activities will offer a unique experience that visitors will cherish for a long time.
Most Asked Queries Regarding Things For Adults To Do In Orlando
What are the most popular theme parks in Orlando?
Orlando is famous for its theme parks, each with a unique theme and attractions. Here are the three most popular theme parks in Orlando:
1. Walt Disney World: The most popular theme park in Orlando is Walt Disney World, known for its magical attractions, shows, and parades that are perfect for adults and kids.
2. Universal Studios Florida: The second most popular theme park in Orlando is Universal Studios Florida. Here, visitors can experience the magic of Hollywood movies and TV shows, including the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
3. SeaWorld Orlando: The third most popular theme park is SeaWorld Orlando, a marine park that offers thrill rides, animal shows, and water attractions.
– Visitors can buy multi-day tickets to save money on admission to these parks.
– Theme parks usually have long lines, so visitors should consider buying a skip-the-line pass.
– Visitors can enjoy special events and festivals held throughout the year at these theme parks.
What are the best outdoor activities in Orlando?
Orlando has great weather all year round, making it perfect for outdoor activities. Here are three of the best outdoor activities to try in Orlando:
1. Golfing: Orlando is home to over 170 golf courses, making it a perfect destination for golfers. Some courses have beautiful views of lakes and natural parks.
2. Kayaking: Kayaking in Orlando is a unique way to explore the natural beauty of the area. Visitors can kayak in the Wekiva River, known for its crystal-clear water, or the Shingle Creek Regional Park, known for its diverse wildlife.
3. Biking: Orlando has many bike-friendly paths and trails, including the West Orange Trail and the Cady Way Trail. Visitors can rent bikes for a day or take a guided bike tour of the city.
– Visitors should bring sunscreen, water, and appropriate clothing for outdoor activities.
– Some biking and kayaking tours require advance booking.
– Visitors can rent equipment from local shops or guided tours.
What are the best places for shopping in Orlando?
Orlando is famous for shopping, especially for outlet malls and luxury brands. Here are three of the best shopping destinations in Orlando:
1. The Mall at Millenia: The Mall at Millenia is a luxury mall that offers high-end brands such as Chanel, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton. Visitors can also find a variety of restaurants and cafes here.
2. Orlando International Premium Outlets: The Premium Outlets is a popular destination for bargain shopping. Visitors can find discounts on designer brands such as Coach, Calvin Klein, and Adidas.
3. Disney Springs: Disney Springs is an outdoor shopping and entertainment center that offers a unique shopping experience. Visitors can find Disney-themed merchandise, specialty shops, and restaurants.
– Visitors can find shuttle services or public transportation to get to these malls.
– These malls can get crowded, so visitors should plan accordingly.
– Visitors can find special events and sales throughout the year at these shopping destinations.
What are the best museums and cultural attractions in Orlando?
Orlando has a rich cultural history, including museums and cultural attractions. Here are three of the best museums and cultural attractions in Orlando:
1. Orlando Museum of Art: The Orlando Museum of Art has a collection of American art, African art, and contemporary art. Visitors can also participate in workshops and classes.
2. Harry P. Leu Gardens: The Leu Gardens is a botanical garden with over 40 acres of tropical and temperate plants. Visitors can also take a guided tour of the gardens.
3. Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts: The Dr. Phillips Center is a venue for performing arts, including theater, music, and dance. Visitors can enjoy a Broadway show or a concert.
– Visitors should check for admission fees and hours of operation for these attractions.
– Some attractions may require advance booking or reservation.
– Visitors can find special events and exhibitions throughout the year at these attractions.
What are the best nightlife spots in Orlando?
Orlando has a vibrant nightlife scene, with many bars, clubs, and lounges. Here are three of the best nightlife spots in Orlando:
1. Wall St. Plaza: Wall St. Plaza is a complex of bars and restaurants that offers a variety of music and entertainment. Visitors can enjoy live music, outdoor bars, and themed events.
2. ICEBAR Orlando: ICEBAR Orlando is a unique experience that offers a bar where everything, including the glasses, is made of ice. Visitors can enjoy drinks in a frosty setting and sample appetizers.
3. Howl at the Moon: Howl at the Moon is a popular bar that offers live music and a great atmosphere. Visitors can enjoy sing-alongs, dueling pianos, and drinks.
– Visitors should check the dress code and age restrictions for the nightlife spots.
– Some nightlife spots are popular and can get crowded, so visitors should arrive early or reserve tables in advance.
– Visitors can find special events and promotions throughout the year at these nightlife spots.
Common Misbeliefs Regarding Things For Adults To Do In Orlando
Common Misconceptions about Things for Adults to Do in Orlando
Orlando is a popular tourist destination, primarily known for its theme parks like Disney World and Universal Studios. However, there are plenty of things for adults to do in Orlando aside from visiting theme parks. Unfortunately, there are many misconceptions about what Orlando has to offer for adult tourists. Here are some common misconceptions:
1. Orlando is only for families with children
One of the biggest misconceptions about Orlando is that it is only for families with children. While it is true that many families visit Orlando to experience the theme parks, there are plenty of attractions and events for adults to enjoy as well. Orlando has a vibrant nightlife, with clubs, bars, and restaurants that cater to adult customers. There are also many cultural attractions in the city, such as museums, art galleries, and theaters that host adult-oriented shows.
2. All attractions in Orlando are expensive
Another common misconception about Orlando is that all tourist attractions in the city are expensive. While it is true that some of the theme parks and popular tourist destinations can be costly, there are many affordable and even free things to do in Orlando. Some of the free attractions include visiting the various parks around the city, exploring scenic routes, hiking trails in nearby state parks, taking self-guided audio tours of historic districts, visiting local markets and farmers’ markets, and attending outdoor concerts and events.
3. Orlando is only about amusement parks and fun rides
Orlando is often associated with amusement parks and fun rides, and for good reason as the city is home to some of the world’s most renowned theme parks. However, there is more to Orlando than just theme parks and fun rides. The city has many natural parks and preserves that provide opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts to indulge in a variety of activities, such as hiking, biking, swimming, kayaking, fishing, and wildlife watching. For those interested in history, there are several historic sites and museums in the city that offer a glimpse into the rich cultural heritage of Florida.
4. There are no options for sports and adventure enthusiasts in Orlando
While Orlando may not be known for its adventure sports and activities, there is no shortage of options for sports and adventure enthusiasts in the city. The area has several top-rated golf courses for those who love to play the sport. There are also many fitness centers and health clubs throughout the city where adults can enjoy various sports and fitness activities. For those interested in water sports, there are options for kayaking, paddleboarding, and jet-skiing, among others. Additionally, the Orlando area has several airboat tour companies that offer thrilling rides through the local marshlands, giving visitors the chance to observe a variety of wildlife.
5. Orlando is only worth visiting during certain times of the year
Many people believe that Orlando is only worth visiting during certain times of the year, primarily during the summer or winter breaks when schools are out. However, this is a misconception, as Orlando has something to offer visitors throughout the year. While the summer and winter months may be the busiest, the city has plenty of events and festivals throughout the year that are worth experiencing. For example, there are sporting events, musical festivals, and cultural events that draw visitors from across the world. Additionally, visitors can explore the city and surroundings during the shoulder seasons of spring and fall where temperatures are more comfortable, and crowds are lower.
In conclusion, Orlando is a city with a lot to offer, and these misconceptions should not stop adult tourists from exploring and enjoying everything the city has to offer. There are many attractions, events and activities that cater to adult tourists and visitors of all ages. Given its diverse offerings, Orlando is a city that can be enjoyed by everyone.
Things For Adults To Do In Orlando