HUNTINGTON Seashore, Calif. — There are fact demonstrates about housewives, the quest for appreciate, and now just one all about California’s formal activity, surfing. The brand name-new present functions a touch of truth show with some substantial-amount surfing levels of competition. And quite a few of the 14 contestants are from Southern California.
What You Want To Know
- Seven gals and seven guys are competing in the surfing-competitors-meets-reality-display, “The Best Surfer”
- The demonstrate filmed in Lemoore, Calif. at Kelly Slater’s Surf Ranch
- Winners will earn a shot at a spot on the Earth Surf League’s Championship Tour
- The exhibit premieres Monday, Aug. 23
The record of cast associates includes Bruna Zaun who life in the South Bay. She has surfed all all around the earth. Zaun’s 1st time paddling out was in her residence state of Brazil at a surf camp. She was 9 many years previous.
She describes, “Floating, in excess of h2o, and you are catching waves and standing up. That was it. I was hooked.”
It turned an obsession. For people who really do not surf, Zaun claims, “Salt h2o is addicting. And as soon as you start out it is genuinely challenging to end.”
She started out competing in surfing at 11-a long time-old. And at 19 she competent for the Earth Surf League’s Championship Tour. It is a tour in which she was competing in surfing towards the best of the very best. She did that for years.
But in her mid 20s Zaun claimed she determined to get a split from competing.
“I recognized that I was browsing a lot more due to the fact it was a career and I was getting rid of the adore of the activity,” she explained.
She started browsing in which and when she desired, totally free surfing for yrs. She found her shed adore yet again. Acquiring enough adore to even return to competing. This time it is for a new televised surfing contest. She will be element of a fact-present-meets-browsing-levels of competition present airing in primetime named “The Greatest Surfer.”
She’ll be among the 7 females vying for a opportunity for a wildcard spot on the WSL’s Championship Tour.
Luke Davis is 1 seven adult men also competing for a location. Like Zaun, Davis grew up competing. But also comparable to Zaun, Davis who grew up in San Clemente browsing all his everyday living, mentioned he too misplaced the drive to continue to be in the sport.
“I variety of was savoring traveling and just chasing superior waves over competing at the time,” said Davis.
He surfed all over the world and continues to paddle out anytime he needs. When “The Supreme Surfer” opposition present arrived up, Davis mentioned, “A friend’s wife truly entered me into the show to do it.”
And guess what? Davis was picked to be aspect of the solid. He reported he’s likely to give it his all to try to gain a location on a tour that is the optimum level of browsing. But much more importantly, he claims he’ll be accomplishing what he enjoys whilst likely for it.
“For me it is the most related to character I can be in lifestyle. So, and it bring me so considerably joy,” he stated.
It is a pleasure Zaun can not get adequate of, no matter whether it’s browsing in the ocean in Huntington Beach front or any where there are waves or at a person-produced wave pool in the center of Lemoore at 11-time planet browsing winner Kelly Slater’s Surf Ranch, the place the show was filmed.
“It’s hardly ever a undesirable time. I generally have fun,” Zaun mentioned.
The Ultimate Surfer premieres Monday, August 23 at 10 p.m. on ABC.
The complete listing of contestants incorporate:
- Anastasia Ashley – 33, Miami Beach, Fla.
- Kai Barger – 30, Haiku, Hawaii
- Mason Barnes – 26, Venice, Calif.
- Tia Blanco – 23, Oceanside, Calif.
- Austin Clouse – 26, Jacksonville Seaside, Fla.
- Brianna Cope – 25, Koloa, Hawaii
- Luke Davis – 27, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Kayla Durden – 27, Jacksonville Beach, Fla.
- Juli Hernandez – 22, Costa Mesa, Calif.
- Zeke Lau – 26, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Alejandro Moreda – 34, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Koa Smith – 25, Sunset Seashore, Hawaii
- Malia Ward – 22, San Clemente, Calif.
- Bruna Zaun – 30, Redondo Beach, Calif.