As one of the most visited cities in the United States, Orlando has a plethora of beautiful resorts that cater to families. With its beautiful weather and theme parks, there’s no doubt that Orlando is an ideal destination for a family vacation. There are several factors that parents consider while choosing a resort for their family vacation such as affordability, activities, services, and location. In this article, we will look at some of the best resorts in Orlando that are perfect for families, and highlight their features and amenities.
1. Walt Disney World Resort
Walt Disney World Resort is arguably the most popular and iconic destination for families visiting Orlando. With four theme parks, two water parks, and several entertainment venues, this resort offers numerous activities for families to enjoy. Walt Disney World Resort also has numerous accommodation options to cater to families of all sizes, budgets and preferences. The resorts offer a wide range of rooms, from standard rooms to suites, ensuring that families can choose the accommodation that best suits their needs.
The resorts within the Walt Disney World Resort have a variety of amenities, including swimming pools, water parks, spas, arcades, sports facilities, and much more. One of the biggest advantages of staying at a Walt Disney World Resort is that guests enjoy extended park hours, which provides extra time to enjoy the parks.
2. Universal Orlando Resort
The Universal Orlando Resort is another famous resort that’s perfect for families. It has three tremendously popular theme parks: Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and Volcano Bay Water Park. The parks feature some of the most thrilling rides and innovative attractions that guarantee to keep kids of all ages entertained for hours.
The Universal Orlando Resort offers numerous accommodation options, from budget hotels to luxury suites, which cater to families of all sizes and budgets. The accommodations come with various amenities such as swimming pools, restaurants, fitness centers, and much more.
Another perk of staying in the Universal Orlando Resort is the Universal Express pass, which provides guests a shortcut to many attractions and rides. The express pass saves families valuable time that they can utilize in exploring other parts of the parks.
3. Grande Lakes Orlando
Grande Lakes Orlando is an upscale resort located in the heart of Orlando, just a short distance from the Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Orlando Resort. This resort provides families with privacy, luxury, and relaxation. Grande Lakes Orlando boasts an expansive 500-acre resort that includes a wealth of amenities for families.
The resort features different types of accommodation to cater to the various needs and preferences of families. The rooms and suites have picturesque views of Orlando, and they come with luxury amenities, such as mini-fridges, flat-screen TVs, and coffee makers.
Grande Lakes Orlando boasts numerous family-friendly amenities, including an 18-hole golf course, a luxurious spa, a fitness center, and several swimming pools. There is also a leisure and recreation facility that has activities such as biking, archery, fishing, and lawn games. All of these amenities combined make Grande Lakes Orlando an ideal family destination when visiting Orlando.
4. Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center is a family-friendly resort located in Kissimmee, just a few miles away from Walt Disney World Resort. This resort features extensive amenities and activities that cater to both children and adults.
The resort has numerous accommodation options, including premium suites and standard rooms, all equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi and satellite TV. The Gaylord Palms Resort also has several family-oriented amenities to keep children entertained, including a children’s pool, a lazy river, and an arcade.
The resort offers several fine dining options for families, and it also has a souvenir and gift shop where families can purchase unique souvenirs and gifts to remember their trip.
5. Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
The Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort is an upscale family-friendly resort that provides a luxurious and comfortable stay for families. This resort offers a plethora of amenities and activities that cater to families’ needs, such as fine-dining experiences, a sprawling lazy river with fun water slides, and much more.
The accommodation options at Four Season Resort Orlando are spacious and comfortable, with various room types available to cater to the diverse needs of families. The resort also offers several family-oriented amenities, such as a movie theater, an outdoor playground, a game room, and babysitting services.
This resort is ideal for families who want to add a touch of luxury to their vacation experience. It’s also an excellent starting point to explore Walt Disney World Resort, as it provides guests with private entrances to the park.
Orlando offers an excellent destination for families who are looking for a fun, exciting and memorable vacation. With its plethora of beautiful and luxurious resorts, there’s no shortage of options to choose from. These resorts stand out for offering incredible amenities and activities for families to enjoy while on vacation. By choosing any of these resorts in Orlando, families can rest assured that they will have a fantastic time and make lasting memories together.
Faqs About Resorts In Orlando For Families
What are some family-friendly resorts in Orlando?
There are several resorts in Orlando that cater to families with children of all ages. Here are three of the best family-friendly resorts in Orlando:
1. Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: This luxurious and iconic resort features Princess Storybook dining experiences and character appearances, a large pool area with waterslides and a hot tub, and spacious suites with views of the Magic Kingdom.
2. Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando: This Mediterranean-inspired resort offers complimentary water taxi service to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, as well as a sprawling pool with a sandy beach and a special children’s splash pad.
3. Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort: This high-end resort offers a complimentary Kids For All Seasons program with a variety of age-appropriate activities, as well as a stunning rooftop steakhouse and a lazy river winding through the resort grounds.
Important information: luxurious amenities, character experiences, complimentary activities, water transportation, pool areas.
What kind of activities do family resorts in Orlando offer?
Family resorts in Orlando offer a plethora of activities for guests of all ages. Here are three popular activities available at family resorts in Orlando:
1. Pool and Water Activities: Many family resorts in Orlando feature a variety of pools, lazy rivers, and waterslides for guests to enjoy. Some resorts also offer surf simulators, water parks, and hot tubs.
2. Character Experiences: Resorts that are affiliated with Disney or other theme parks often offer character dining experiences, meet-and-greets with beloved characters, and even princess makeovers for little ones.
3. Recreational Activities: From mini golf courses and playgrounds to bike rentals and nature trails, many family resorts in Orlando offer plenty of outdoor activities to keep guests active and entertained.
Important information: Pools, water parks, character experiences, mini golf, bike rentals, playgrounds.
How can families get around Orlando from their resort?
There are several transportation options for families looking to explore Orlando from their resort. Here are three of the most popular transportation options:
1. Shuttles: Many family resorts in Orlando offer shuttle services to nearby theme parks, shopping centers, and other popular destinations. Some shuttles may be complimentary or require a fee.
2. Rental Cars: Families can rent cars from various rental agencies and drive themselves around Orlando. This is a good option for families who want to explore beyond the immediate vicinity of their resort or have a flexible schedule.
3. Public Transportation: The Lynx bus system and SunRail commuter train both offer affordable transportation throughout Orlando, although families may need to transfer or plan their routes carefully to get to their desired destinations.
Important information: shuttle services, rental cars, public transportation, cost, proximity to theme parks and shopping centers.
What types of cuisine can families expect at Orlando resorts?
Orlando is home to a diverse culinary scene, and family resorts are no exception. Here are three types of cuisine families can expect to find at Orlando resorts:
1. American: Many resorts in Orlando offer classic American cuisine, such as hamburgers, hot dogs, and barbecue.
2. International: Some resorts feature restaurants with international dishes, such as Italian pasta, Asian stir-fry, and Mexican street tacos.
3. Character Dining: Guests at Disney-affiliated resorts can enjoy character dining experiences with Disney characters while indulging in breakfast, lunch, or dinner buffets or a la carte menus.
Important information: American cuisine, international cuisine, character dining, breakfast, lunch or dinner buffets, menu options.
What are some additional amenities available at family resorts in Orlando?
In addition to pools, water activities, and various dining options, family resorts in Orlando offer many additional amenities for guests. Here are three amenities families can expect to find at family resorts in Orlando:
1. Spa Services: Many resorts feature luxurious spas that offer massages, facials, and other rejuvenating treatments for parents looking to relax and unwind.
2. Kids Clubs: Supervised children’s programs offer a wide range of activities for kids, such as arts and crafts, games, and sports. Parents can drop their children off and enjoy some alone time.
3. Fitness Centers: Families looking to stay active while on vacation can take advantage of on-site fitness centers, which often offer state-of-the-art equipment and group fitness classes.
Important information: spa services, kids clubs, supervised children’s programs, fitness centers, state-of-the-art equipment.
Common Misunderstandings Regarding Resorts In Orlando For Families
Common Misconceptions About Resorts in Orlando for Families
As vacationers plan their trip to Orlando, the internet is inundated with recommendations for family fun. However, not all the information you come across can be trusted, and not all recommendations might suit your travel plans. This article explores several misconceptions that often come up when planning a family-friendly resort vacation in Orlando.
1. You Cannot Have an Affordable Family Vacation in Orlando
The myth that a family vacation to Orlando resorts is expensive is one of the most common misconceptions that some people have regarding planning a family vacation. Some people might say that you need to have deep pockets to take a family vacation to Orlando, and this is far from the truth. Orlando has numerous resorts with numerous budget options, all of which provide adequate family fun. One way to stick to a budget is to plan in advance and look out for deals and discounts offered by the resorts. There are many affordable resort options that offer plenty of family-friendly activities, including swimming pools, playgrounds, sports, and entertainment.
2. Orlando Theme Parks are Only Suitable for Older Kids
Another common misconception is that Disney World and other theme parks in Orlando are only suitable for older kids. This is not true. Disney World has numerous attractions and activities, and all attractions are open to all age groups. Most theme parks in Orlando have areas designated for younger children where they can enjoy the rides and shows. Young children can have fun at Disneyland, Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios, among other parks.
3. You Must Stay on Theme Park Property
Many people assume that you must stay in a Disney World resort when you visit Orlando. Staying too close to the heart of the parks can be convenient, but staying on the theme park property is not the only option. There are numerous alternative resort options, some of which are more affordable and are located just a short distance from the theme parks. Resorts outside of the parks offer more amenities and larger suites, and they are often more affordable than the accommodations available onsite.
4. Orlando Resorts are only for Families with Children
People also believe that Orlando resorts are only meant for families with children, however, this is not true. While Orlando resorts serve as excellent getaway options for families with kids, they are also great for couples without children or individuals. There is plenty of activities that cater to older couples and solo travellers, such as golfing, fine dining establishments, and spa facilities. Some Orlando-based resorts offer adult-only pools where you can relax, unwind and have a good time.
5. You Can’t Be Adventurous and Relax at the Same Time
Some people are also under the impression that staying in Orlando resorts means giving up on your thirst for adventure. This is far from the truth. While most resorts offer a relaxing atmosphere, there are numerous adventurous activities to experience both on and off-site. These activities include theme park activities, hot air balloon rides, zip-lining, horseback riding, and numerous water activities. Additionally, some resorts offer adventure and water parks, making it possible to enjoy both adventures and relaxation.
Orlando is one of the best places to visit for a family vacation. With numerous resorts and tourist activities, there’s no doubt that you’ll have a great time in Orlando. However, with so much information to sift through, people can easily fall prey to misconceptions. Staying informed about the realities of Orlando’s resort landscape allows vacationers to dispel these myths and make informed decisions that suit their holiday plans. Ultimately, with careful planning and research, it is possible to create an Orlando vacation that is enjoyable for all ages and interests without breaking the bank.
Resorts In Orlando For Families
#Resorts #Orlando #Families