Looking for some fun outdoor activities in Orlando? The city is home to an abundance of options for nature lovers, thrill seekers, and families alike. We’ve put together a list of our top picks for things to do in Orlando that will get you out of the house and into the sunshine.
1. Explore the Great Outdoors at Wekiwa Springs State Park
If you’re looking for a day trip that offers beautiful scenery and a variety of outdoor activities, look no further than Wekiwa Springs State Park. This expansive park features crystal-clear springs and pristine wilderness, with over 13 miles of hiking trails and 8 miles of equestrian trails for visitors to explore.
Take a dip in the cool springs, rent a kayak or canoe and paddle down the Wekiva River, or go horseback riding through the shaded forests. The park also has a campground for those who want to spend the night surrounded by nature.
2. Take a Thrilling Airboat Ride on Lake Tohopekaliga
If you’re looking for a more adrenaline-fueled outdoor adventure, an airboat ride on Lake Tohopekaliga is sure to satisfy. This large lake is home to an abundance of wildlife, including alligators, turtles, and a variety of water birds.
Hop on an airboat and speed across the open water, feeling the wind in your hair as you search for these creatures in their natural habitat. The airboat captains are knowledgeable about the area and will share interesting facts and stories about the wildlife you encounter.
3. Get Your Game On at Topgolf
Looking for a fun activity that combines the great outdoors with some friendly competition? Topgolf is the perfect destination for those who want to improve their swing while enjoying the sun.
Whether you’re a seasoned golfer or a beginner, Topgolf offers a variety of games and challenges that are sure to keep you entertained for hours. With climate-controlled bays, a rooftop terrace, and a full restaurant and bar, it’s the perfect place to spend a day with friends or family.
4. Experience the Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney’s Animal Kingdom is not just a theme park; it’s also a lush and vibrant natural habitat for over 300 species of animals. The park’s immersive exhibits and attractions take you on a journey through the jungles of Asia, the savannas of Africa, and the depths of the oceans.
Take a safari ride and see animals like giraffes, zebras, and lions up close, or explore the park’s trails and exhibits to get a closer look at creatures like gorillas, tigers, and komodo dragons.
5. Take a Scenic Bike Ride on the West Orange Trail
The West Orange Trail is a 22-mile paved trail that winds through some of Orlando’s most scenic neighborhoods and parks. Rent a bike or bring your own and explore the trail’s peaceful surroundings, including orange groves, lakes, and wooded areas.
The trail also features several parks and rest areas along the way, making it the perfect destination for a family bike ride or a solo excursion.
Orlando offers a wealth of outdoor activities for visitors and locals alike. Whether you want to explore the natural beauty of the area, take on a thrilling adventure, or simply enjoy a day in the sun, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city. So get out there and experience Orlando’s great outdoors!
Most Asked Queries Regarding Outdoor Orlando Activities
What are some popular outdoor activities to do in Orlando?
Orlando is known for its beautiful weather and abundance of outdoor activities. Here are some popular ones:
1. Theme parks – Orlando is home to some of the best theme parks in the world, such as Disney World, Universal Studios, and SeaWorld.
2. Golfing – Orlando has over 170 golf courses, making it a great destination for golf enthusiasts.
3. Water activities – With its numerous lakes and rivers, Orlando has a wide range of water activities to enjoy, such as jet skiing, tubing, and kayaking.
Most important information: Theme parks, golfing, and water activities are popular outdoor activities to enjoy in Orlando.
Where are the best places to hike in Orlando?
Orlando has several parks and trails that are perfect for hiking. Here are some of the best places:
1. The Tibet-Butler Nature Preserve – This 440-acre nature preserve has several hiking trails that offer an up-close view of Florida’s flora and fauna.
2. The West Orange Trail – This 22-mile trail is perfect for those who enjoy a leisurely hike or bike ride. The trail goes through several towns and offers great views of the surrounding area.
3. The Little Big Econ State Forest – Located just outside of Orlando, this state forest has over 10,000 acres of land and several hiking trails that vary in difficulty.
Most important information: The Tibet-Butler Nature Preserve, the West Orange Trail, and the Little Big Econ State Forest are the top places to hike in Orlando.
What are some family-friendly outdoor activities in Orlando?
Orlando is a great destination for families who enjoy spending time outdoors. Here are some family-friendly activities to do:
1. The Orlando Science Center – This interactive museum has several exhibits that are perfect for families. It also has an outdoor area with a giant playground.
2. Gatorland – This wildlife park has several shows and exhibits, including a zip line over a pond full of alligators.
3. The Crayola Experience – This indoor facility has several outdoor activities, such as a splash pad and a giant coloring area.
Most important information: The Orlando Science Center, Gatorland, and the Crayola Experience are popular family-friendly outdoor activities in Orlando.
What are some romantic outdoor activities to do in Orlando?
Orlando is not just a family-friendly destination, it’s also a great place for couples who want to spend time outdoors. Here are some romantic activities to do:
1. Lake Eola Park – This gorgeous park has a picturesque lake, swan boats, and several walking paths. It’s the perfect spot for a romantic picnic.
2. Hot air balloon ride – Seeing Orlando from above is a great way to spend time with your significant other. Several companies offer hot air balloon rides over Orlando.
3. The Harry P. Leu Gardens – This botanical garden has several stunning gardens, including a rose garden and a butterfly garden. It’s a great place to take a romantic stroll.
Most important information: Lake Eola Park, a hot air balloon ride, and the Harry P. Leu Gardens are popular romantic outdoor activities in Orlando.
What are some free outdoor activities to do in Orlando?
Orlando can be an expensive city, but there are several free outdoor activities to enjoy. Here are some of the best ones:
1. The Orlando Farmers Market – This farmers market is held every Sunday and offers free admission. It’s a great place to sample local produce and crafts.
2. Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour – This boat tour of Winter Park is a great way to see the area’s beautiful lakes and mansions. It’s free for children under two and $14 for adults.
3. Disney Springs – While Disney World itself can be quite expensive, Disney Springs offers free admission and has several outdoor activities, such as live music and street performances.
Most important information: The Orlando Farmers Market, the Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour, and Disney Springs are popular free outdoor activities in Orlando.
Common Misinterpretations About Outdoor Orlando Activities
Orlando is a city in Florida that is known for its theme parks, entertainment venues, and shopping centers. While most tourists visit Orlando for these attractions, the city has much more to offer. Orlando also has several outdoor activities like hiking, biking, sightseeing, kayaking, and many more.
Outdoor activities in Orlando are perfect for people who love adventure and exploring nature. Unfortunately, like many tourist destinations, the internet is filled with misconceptions about outdoor activities in Orlando, making people hesitant to try them. Therefore, we will explore some of the common misconceptions about outdoor Orlando activities below.
Misconception 1: Orlando is too hot to enjoy outdoor activities
Many people believe Orlando is too hot to enjoy outdoor activities, especially during the summer months. While it is true that Orlando can get hot, it does not mean that you cannot enjoy the outdoors. There are plenty of ways to beat the heat while exploring the outdoors, like carrying enough water, wearing proper attire, taking a break in the shade, and planning outdoor activities in the morning or evening.
Misconception 2: Orlando’s outdoor activities are only for kids
Many people believe that outdoor activities in Orlando are only for kids and families. While it is true that Orlando has plenty of family-friendly outdoor activities, there are also numerous outdoor activities that are perfect for adults. For instance, you can go zip-lining, ATV riding, or take an airboat tour in the Everglades.
Misconception 3: All Orlando outdoor activities are expensive
Many people believe that outdoor activities in Orlando are expensive, and that’s why they avoid them. Of course, some activities can be expensive, but there are also plenty of affordable outdoor activities. For instance, taking a nature walk or visiting one of the many public parks in Orlando is free. Additionally, some tour companies offer discounted prices if you book in advance or go in groups.
Misconception 4: There is no wildlife in Orlando
Another common misconception about Orlando is that there is little or no wildlife. This misconception is far from reality since Orlando has an abundance of wildlife. For instance, you can spot alligators in the Everglades, manatees in Blue Springs, and dolphins in the Atlantic Ocean. Orlando is also a bird-watching haven since it has several species of birds, such as the bald eagle, osprey, and heron.
Misconception 5: Theme parks are more enjoyable than outdoor activities in Orlando
Most people who visit Orlando do it with the sole aim of visiting the theme parks. Some of them, therefore, overlook outdoor activities, thinking they cannot be as enjoyable as thrill rides. However, outdoor activities offer a different kind of experience where you get to interact with nature and create memories that last a lifetime.
Orlando’s outdoor activities offer a perfect opportunity to unwind and explore the natural beauty of Florida. Therefore, do not let misconceptions hold you back. Instead, take the time to explore the various outdoor activities Orlando has to offer and create unforgettable experiences.
Outdoor Orlando Activities
#Outdoor #Orlando #Activities