If you check with any couple which intimate destinations are on their travel bucket list, the the vast majority will most likely involve Hawaii. In truth, of all the destinations in the earth, a few of Hawaii’s islands rank inside of the best 12 of U.S. Information and Entire world Reports’ “Best Honeymoon Places.” A good way to practical experience Hawaiian society with no touring is a luau in Orlando, and other date ideas.
Hawaii alone is composed of 8 significant islands surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, quite a few coral rings and quite a few islets. If you are not able to jet set throughout the state to be greeted with reliable Hawaiian leis, know that Bigger Orlando has tons of local Hawaiian-encouraged date suggestions and place activities.
An Authentic Luau in Hawaii – Nancy DeVault
Our Picks for Ideal Luau in Orlando
Loews Royal Pacific Vacation resort at Common Orlando, 6300 Hollywood Way, Orlando, FL 32819
At the start out of the summer time (2022), Common Orlando declared the much-predicted return of its Wantilan Luau. This remarkable luau in Orlando and dinner present options Polynesian fare and festivities.
Held weekly on Saturdays at 6 pm underneath a roomy, out of doors-coated pavilion, this distinctive expertise is a person of the most effective at Loews Royal Pacific, which already features an exotic vibe and participating landscape. The Wantilan Luau is as near to reliable as it receives — celebrating hula dancers, a fire knife performer and common Hawaiian audio.
Wantilan Luau Foods and Beverages
Get your fill at the buffet that includes Ahi poke, island-spiced veggies, fireplace-grilled meats, Macadamia-crusted goat cheese, Pacific-fresh catch-of-the-working day, teriyaki rooster, toasted coconut jasmine rice and, of training course, pit-roasted suckling pig with rum-infused pineapple purée. Do save area for Hawaiian desserts, like Kona coffee ganache pineapple macadamia tart and passion fruit crème brûlée. Normally, if you’re envisioning yourself with an umbrella-clad consume, know that Mai Tais are the go-to liberation, with beer and wine available as very well.
If you materialize to overindulge on the Hawaiian yumminess, work off some of those people decadent calories by hula dancing with your luau day!
Rate: normal section – $89 for each adult top quality area (for up-close enjoyment and a souvenir tiki mug) – $109 for each grownup
Loews Royal Pacific Resort Wantilan Luau – from Loews Accommodations
Hawaiian Inn Beach front Vacation resort, 2301 S. Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach Shores, FL 32118
If you are craving a facet of tradition with your Hawaiian delicacies, the Polynesian Hearth Clearly show serves up some tidbits about the origins of regular hula, an artistic storytelling ritual dance when executed for Hawaiian goddesses and the likes. Plus, you’ll be mesmerized by the Samoan performer who handles fireplace knives flawlessly.
This buffet unfold is similarly as mouthwatering with alternatives these kinds of as assorted tropical fruit, candied carrots, fried rice, Kalua pork, Polynesian BBQ chicken and much a lot more. For those people with food allergies or dietary constraints, know that suited menu merchandise are pointed out as possibly gluten-absolutely free or vegetarian when applicable in addition, none of the dishes are ready with peanut oil.
FYI, if you’re being on home, the Ohana Tiki Bar and Grill is the Hawaiian Inn’s poolside eatery. But do nosh evenly right here so you can effectively feast at Polynesian Fireplace.
Selling price: $49.99 for every grownup + funds bar for alcoholic beverages (most non-alcoholic beverages are included)
Coming Soon: Massive Kahuna Luau
Cocoa Beach front and Daytona Seaside
A further Polynesian luau will soon make waves in Bigger Orlando much too. Friends will be taken care of to the seems of Tahitian drums, Hawaiian conch shells, unique lei necklaces and much more. We are going to share extra details when they’re offered.
Orlando’s Finest Hawaiian Staycations
Disney’s Polynesian Vacation resort
1600 7 Seas Dr., Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Your fellow island lover will be stating “Mahalo” (aka “thank you” in Hawaiian) when you treat him/her/they to this South Pacific-encouraged staycation. Let’s confront it–Disney resorts definitely are magical, and the Polynesian provides two inviting alternatives!
At the Polynesian Village Vacation resort, whilst it may well not examine for every se to the Pacific, you’ll soak up views of the Seven Seas Lagoon and, of program, the Walt Disney Planet theme park by itself. And if you are parkin’ it for epic thrills, the Vacation resort Monorail can make a effortless prevent at Polynesian Vacation resort!
There are a great deal of opportunities to nibble up Hawaiian, Asian and American-fusion flavors at this site. Obtain comprehensive menu offerings at Barefoot Pool Bar, Capt. Cook’s, Kona Café, Kona Island and Ohana.
Toast with a cocktail at the Oasis Bar, Tambu Lounge, Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto and Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace. And while these are all delish places, there is 1 additional cannot-pass up spot: Pineapple Lanai. Immediately ignite chill manner here by purchasing an iconic DOLE Whip, Disney’s famous frozen concoction of soft serve and pineapple magic.
Or, to really acquire the plunge into island-motivated staycationing, decide for Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows. These luxurious accommodations hoover suitable atop the h2o! Bungalows have all the things you want and additional, like a whole kitchen area, living region, dining place and, most importantly, a private deck with a plunge pool overlooking the 7 Seas Lagoon.
In the evening, you will appreciate epic views of the Magic Kingdom fireworks right from your deck, which is geared up with speakers aligned with the show’s songs.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Vacation resort from the Monorail-System – Dani Meyering
Loews Royal Pacific Vacation resort
Universal Orlando, 6300 Hollywood Way, Orlando, FL 32819
House of the Wantilan Luau, as earlier pointed out, you may perhaps decide to stay for the evening or the weekend right after savoring the Polynesian luau (even though it is not demanded). You could possibly as properly make it a real getaway when working experience the ideal luau in Orlando.
Whilst on the home, you can float along in the lagoon-design swimming pool and, though much from our state’s shoreline, you can dig your toes into the sand on the beach. Plus, attendees staying at Loews Royal Pacific Resort acquire unique theme-park benefits to enrich the satisfaction of Universal Orlando’s parks.
Bonus Notion: Universal’s Volcano Bay
If you genuinely want to immerse yourselves in a Hawaiian-inspired escape, head to Universal’s Volcano Bay. No matter if you remain at one of the above accommodations or not, a working day invested at Volcano Bay will come to feel like you’ve escaped to a mystical, magical Hawaiian island.
This supreme h2o park is influenced by the Hawaiian and Polynesian islands and it is definitely the most effective h2o park in Orlando for partners.
Universal’s Volcano Bay Dancing Dragons Bar – Dani Meyering
Consider 5 minutes and read over our Guide to the Perfect Working day at Volcano Bay – For Couples.
Orlando’s Hawaiian-Influenced Date Locations
When we adore a fantastic luau in Orlando, they are costly.
If you want to escape to Hawaii correct in this article in Orlando, without a significant charge, check out these out. There are lots of Hawaiian-themed bars and dining establishments in Orlando. Every single one particular is a good date plan.
Hawaiian-Encouraged Cocktail Bars
Craving a fruity, island-influenced beverage? First, say “Ke aloha,” which in essence equates to “Cheers” in Hawaiian.
- Aku Aku Tiki Bar (in downtown Lake Eola): Why not start out with the namesake consume by buying the Aku Aku? It is a combine of Plantation dim rum, pineapple, mango and contemporary mint.
- Suffering Bastard Tiki (in Sanford): All those who are 21 and more mature, can consume up craft cocktails served in funky island glassware. You are going to go nuts in excess of the Moonkist Coconut!
Polynesian-Themed Places to eat
Want to dine on Polynesian food stuff without likely to a luau in Orlando? These Hawaiian-themed places to eat in Orlando are the fantastic recipe for a romantic day concept – no plane ticket demanded.
Hawaiian Décor inside of Honolulu Harry’s – Dani Meyering
- Da Kine Poke Bowls (various destinations): It’ll be hard to opt for just a person bowl, but Da Kine delivers some intriguing flavors, as with the Aloha Green Bowl. It has edamame, scallions, cucumber, cilantro, seaweed salad, avocado, inexperienced curry coconut miso sauce and crispy lo mein noodles.
- Hawaii Grill & Sushi (in St. Cloud): The assorted menu largely features poke bowls, Hawaiian grill things, Hawaiian-influenced sushi and bento bins.
- Honolulu Harry’s (in University Park): This tropical eatery has meal, brunch and cocktail menus. Since Elvis Presley had a really like affair with the Aloha State, brunch lovers may well tune into the Elvis Pressly dish. This harmonious blend of peanut butter, sliced banana, bacon and honey on French ciabatta bread, is grilled and pressed.
And the Tropical Mimosa Flight is delicious, enjoyment, and best for sharing.
Tropical Mimosa Flight at Honolulu Harry’s – Dani Meyering
- Island Fin Poke (many spots): This position is make-your-individual type. Commence with a foundation (rice/salad), insert protein and veggies, dress with extra toppings and complete with a palate-satisfying sauce.
- Jimmy Hulas (various locations): This fun menu is comprised of fish tacos, burgers and other most important and modest plates. Bite into the Juan Jovi, a heaping of smoked pork, Swiss cheese, a pickle and honey habanero sauce.
- Poke by Gochi (in Winter Back garden): A further construct-your-have place, pick out a bowl to fulfill your Hawaiian cravings. The Florida Bowl characteristics salmon, avocado, cucumber, mango, carrots and bonito furikake.
- Prosper (in Downtown Orlando): Guide a desk to feast on assorted modest plates, like Shroom, Shroom, a wonderful presentation of wild mushrooms, Sake product reduction, soy sauce, parmesan and Rye toast.
- The 808 Orlando (in Downtown Orlando): Also aligned with the Aku Aku Tiki Bar, island grub at this lovable location is tremendous delicious. Nibble on the Maui Chips, residence-made Maui onion seasoned potato chips with signature 808 sauce.
Sweet Hawaiian Escapes
Take care of your sweetie to an genuine Hawaiian sweet! Chill out though… the coolest island dessert destinations are close by.
- Shaka Ice Co. (in SoDo): Much from the concept parks, you can snag a Dole Whip at Shaka, as well as assorted shaved ice. As well as, vegan frozen treats.
- Hanalei Shave Ice (in Mills50 district): The proprietor has Hawaiian roots so be expecting the true offer! These amazing goodies are gentle and refreshing, with flavors this kind of as matcha and strawberry shortcake.
- Poke Hona (in Windermere and also Mills/50): Though this cafe has major dishes, its assorted Acai Sorbet bowls are the very best bet. Toppings consist of clean fruit, rice mochi, coconut flakes and more.
Hawaiian Foods Vehicles Date Nights
Wouldn’t it be awesome to hop on a surfboard to ride the waves at North Shore? Well, right here in town, there’s a various kind of ride… and these Orlando foodstuff vans seriously know how to drive residence the Hawaiian working experience.
- PokeKai: Applications, bowls, burgers and more are served routinely at A La Cart and elsewhere close to town. Try out the Hawaiian Loco-Moco, a dish of beef teriyaki, carrots, edamame, purple onion, scallions, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, sunny side up egg and avocado.
- OverRice: This meals truck is all about flavor fusion. It has Filipino favorites, like Pork Adobo, Lumpia Shanghai and Pancit. Plus, Hawaiian classics, like Kalua Pork, Hen Katsu and other sweet-savory bites.
Additional Will have to-Do Hawaiian Enjoyment
- Aloha Productions Luau: This catering and enjoyment organization would be a good suit for partners arranging to host a Hawaiian-themed rehearsal meal, wedding day or anniversary celebration. These celebration planners provide the Polynesian to you!
- FusionFest: FusionFest is a nonprofit operating to celebrate the many diverse cultures that make Central Florida wonderfully numerous. One particular of its lots of attempts is called Diversitastic. Held regular monthly, this eating knowledge invites locals to get a feeling of culture as a result of flavor. Typically priced at $49.95 for every man or woman and contains a themed entire-study course menu + drink, and dwell leisure. The forthcoming Pacific Island supper, slated for October 2022, will showcase Polynesian flavors and additional.
- Hawaiian Rumble Adventure Golfing: Mini-golf is 1 of these legendary day evening activities, right? Properly, mix in some Hawaiian flare and you will be par for the class. Two 18-hole programs area obtainable at Hawaiian Rumble. Onsite concessions contain beer, ice product and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Hōʻike Hawaiʻi Hula Opposition: If hula is your dance of selection, seize your dancing lover and start out training for subsequent year’s competitors. The 2022 Hōʻike Hawaiʻi Hula Levels of competition was just held at the Wyndham Orlando Resort in July, but that usually means you have approximately a year to great your hula abilities for the 2023 level of competition.
Aloha Hawaiian enthusiasts! Now start off taking pleasure in island time ideal in this article in Central Florida.
Feature graphic: Wantilan Luau at Royal Pacific, from Loews Accommodations