Orlando is a city that is always bustling with activity. With a wide variety of attractions, theme parks, shopping centers, and restaurants, it can be overwhelming to decide what to do in Orlando. This is why we have compiled a list of some of the best things to do in Orlando today. Whether you are a local or a tourist, these activities are sure to keep you entertained and make your time in Orlando unforgettable.
Visit the Theme Parks
Orlando is known for its theme parks, and for good reason. With so many to choose from, there is something for everyone. Walt Disney World is the most popular theme park in Orlando, and it is easy to see why. It is home to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom, all of which offer unique experiences. Magic Kingdom is the classic Disney experience, with iconic rides like Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean. Epcot is perfect for those who want to travel the world in a day, with pavilions showcasing different countries and cultures. Hollywood Studios is the place to go for all things Star Wars and Toy Story, while Animal Kingdom offers a more nature-focused experience with rides like Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safaris.
Universal Studios is another popular theme park in Orlando. It is home to two parks, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Universal Studios is where you can experience the magic of Harry Potter at Diagon Alley, while Islands of Adventure is where you can find Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. Both parks offer thrilling rides like The Hulk and The Mummy, as well as family-friendly attractions like Despicable Me and The Simpsons.
Explore International Drive
International Drive, also known as I-Drive, is a popular tourist destination in Orlando. It is home to a variety of attractions, restaurants, and shopping centers. ICON Park is a must-visit on I-Drive, with the ICON Orlando Ferris wheel and a variety of restaurants and shops. WonderWorks is another popular attraction on I-Drive, with interactive exhibits and a ropes course. If you are looking for a unique dining experience, try out the interactive dinner show at Medieval Times or the pirate-themed dinner show at Pirate’s Dinner Adventure.
Visit the Kennedy Space Center
The Kennedy Space Center is an hour’s drive from Orlando, but it is well worth the trip. It is the home of NASA and the launch site for many space missions. Visitors can take a guided tour of the center, see real space shuttles, and even meet an astronaut. The Kennedy Space Center also offers the opportunity to experience a simulated space shuttle launch and meet a real astronaut.
Relax at a Spa
Orlando is home to many luxurious spas that offer a variety of treatments. The Waldorf Astoria Spa is one of the most popular spas in Orlando, with a wide range of massages, facials, and body treatments. The Ritz-Carlton Spa is another popular choice, with a rooftop pool and a variety of treatments that use organic ingredients. The Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort also offers a luxurious spa experience, with treatments like the Signature Four Seasons Massage and the Citrus Drench Body Treatment.
Visit the Orlando Museum of Art
The Orlando Museum of Art is a must-visit for art lovers. It features a diverse collection of art from around the world, including American art, African art, and Contemporary art. The museum also hosts a variety of events and exhibitions throughout the year, so there is always something new to see. The museum is located in Loch Haven Park, which is also home to the Orlando Science Center and the Orlando Shakespeare Theater.
In conclusion, Orlando has something for everyone. Whether you want to visit the theme parks, explore International Drive, relax at a spa, visit the Kennedy Space Center, or check out the Orlando Museum of Art, there is no shortage of things to do in Orlando today. So, go out and explore all that this amazing city has to offer!
Top Questions Concerning Orlando Things To Do Today
What are the best theme parks to visit in Orlando?
There are several theme parks in Orlando that are worth visiting. The top three are:
1. Walt Disney World: This is the most popular theme park in Orlando and is perfect for families with young children. It has several different parks, including Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom.
2. Universal Studios Florida: This park is perfect for those who love movies and TV shows. It has several attractions that are based on popular movies, such as Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, and Transformers.
3. SeaWorld Orlando: This park is known for its marine life exhibits and shows. It has several roller coasters and other attractions as well.
– Each park has its own unique attractions and experiences.
– It’s important to check the park hours and plan your visit accordingly.
– Consider purchasing tickets in advance to save time and avoid long lines.
What are some outdoor activities to do in Orlando?
Orlando is known for its beautiful outdoor spaces and warm weather. Here are three outdoor activities to consider:
1. Visit a local park: Orlando has several parks with walking trails, picnic areas, and playgrounds. Some popular options include Lake Eola Park, Harry P. Leu Gardens, and Bill Frederick Park.
2. Take an airboat tour: An airboat tour is a fun way to see Florida’s wildlife and natural beauty. You can take a tour through the Everglades or the Kissimmee River.
3. Go golfing: Orlando has several golf courses, including both public and private options. Some popular courses include Bay Hill Club & Lodge, Grand Cypress Golf Club, and Shingle Creek Golf Club.
– Remember to wear sunscreen and bring plenty of water if you plan to spend time outdoors.
– Some outdoor activities may be weather-dependent, so check the forecast before making plans.
– Many parks and outdoor spaces are free to visit, but some may require an admission fee.
What are some indoor activities to do in Orlando?
If you’re looking for indoor activities to do in Orlando, there are plenty of options. Here are three ideas:
1. Visit a museum: Orlando has several museums that are worth visiting, including the Orlando Museum of Art, the Orlando Science Center, and the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art.
2. Go shopping: Orlando is known for its shopping, with several malls and outlet centers in the area. Some popular options include The Mall at Millenia, the Orlando International Premium Outlets, and the Florida Mall.
3. See a show: Orlando has several theaters that host Broadway shows, concerts, and other performances. Some popular venues include the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, the Bob Carr Theater, and the Amway Center.
– Many indoor activities require tickets or reservations, so plan ahead.
– Some venues may have dress codes or other restrictions, so check before you go.
– Orlando can get crowded during peak tourist season, so be prepared for lines and crowds at popular attractions.
What are some family-friendly activities to do in Orlando?
Orlando is a great destination for families with children. Here are three family-friendly activities to consider:
1. Visit the theme parks: As mentioned earlier, Orlando has several theme parks that are perfect for families, including Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, and SeaWorld Orlando.
2. Visit a water park: Orlando has several water parks that are perfect for beating the heat. Some popular options include Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, Universal’s Volcano Bay, and Aquatica Orlando.
3. Visit a family-friendly attraction: Orlando has several attractions that are geared towards families, such as the Orlando Eye, Madame Tussauds Orlando, and Ripley’s Believe It or Not.
– Many theme parks and attractions offer discounts for children and families.
– Some attractions may have height or age restrictions, so check before you go.
– Be prepared for crowds and long lines at popular attractions.
What are some nightlife options in Orlando?
If you’re looking for nightlife options in Orlando, there are several to choose from. Here are three ideas:
1. Visit a bar or nightclub: Orlando has several bars and nightclubs that cater to different crowds. Some popular options include The Social, The Beacham, and The Abbey.
2. See a show: As mentioned earlier, Orlando has several theaters that host performances. Many of these venues also have late-night shows and events.
3. Visit CityWalk: CityWalk is a shopping, dining, and entertainment complex located at Universal Studios Florida. It has several restaurants, bars, and nightclubs, as well as a movie theater and mini-golf.
– Many nightlife options are located in downtown Orlando or near the theme parks.
– Some venues may have dress codes or cover charges, so check before you go.
– Be aware of your surroundings and stay safe when out at night.
Popular Myths Regarding Orlando Things To Do Today
Misconception 1: Orlando is only for theme parks
One of the most common misconceptions about Orlando is that it is only a destination for theme parks. While the city is certainly home to some of the world’s most famous theme parks, such as Walt Disney World and Universal Studios, there are plenty of other things to do in Orlando that don’t involve roller coasters and attractions.
Misconception 2: Orlando is only for families
Another common misconception about Orlando is that it is only a destination for families with young children. While the theme parks certainly cater to families, there are plenty of other activities in Orlando that are perfect for adults, couples, and solo travelers. From world-class shopping to dining, nightlife, and cultural attractions, there is something for everyone in Orlando.
Misconception 3: Orlando is not a cultural destination
Many people believe that Orlando is only a destination for fun and entertainment, and that it lacks cultural attractions. However, the city is actually home to a wide range of cultural institutions, including museums, galleries, and performance venues. Visitors to Orlando can explore the city’s history and art scene at places like the Orlando Museum of Art, the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art, and the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts.
Misconception 4: Orlando is always crowded
While it’s true that Orlando can be crowded during peak travel seasons and major holidays, it’s not always packed with tourists. Visitors who are willing to travel during off-peak times can enjoy a more relaxed experience with shorter lines and fewer crowds. Additionally, there are plenty of hidden gems and lesser-known attractions in Orlando that are often overlooked by tourists.
Misconception 5: Orlando is only for warm weather activities
Another common misconception about Orlando is that it is only a destination for warm weather activities. While the city certainly enjoys a warm and sunny climate for much of the year, there are plenty of indoor activities to enjoy as well. Visitors can explore the city’s many museums, catch a performance at a local theater, or shop at one of Orlando’s many malls and shopping centers. Additionally, the city is home to a number of indoor attractions, such as the SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium and the Madame Tussauds wax museum.
Orlando Things To Do Today