Katmandu Park Punta Cana featuring cutting-edge, first-of-its-kind rides and attractions, will officially open to the public on March 15, 2023, as the Caribbean’s first world-class theme park.
Images courtesy of Katmandu Park Punta Cana
Developed by Orlando-based global entertainment development company Falcon’s Beyond, the new park in the Dominican Republic will immerse guests in the company’s original franchise, The Hidden Realms of Katmandu.
“We’re absolutely thrilled to announce the opening date for Katmandu Park Punta Cana, which seamlessly blends first-of-its-kind immersive entertainment and attractions with premium hospitality, for the ultimate escape.” said Falcon’s Beyond CEO Cecil D. Magpuri. “Being at the forefront of experiential innovation is a core value for Falcon’s Beyond and we look forward to providing guests with an experience that helps them create their own adventures in our immersive destinations.”
Katmandu Park Punta Cana Attractions
The park’s unique, high-tech attractions are all part of one overarching, episodic Katmandu storyline, yet they can still be enjoyed individually. Each attraction has been carefully matched to the aspect of the story that best suits the experience, all while immersing guests in the unfolding adventure.
The park’s four marquee attractions are:
Voyage of the Fathom Wanderer
Legend of the Desirata
- Voyage of the Fathom Wanderer – A first-ever suspended theater attraction where riders soar through an epic adventure
- Legend of the Desirata – A 4D dark ride that tells the Katmandu origin story
- Challenge of the Mad Mage – An ON!X Theater attraction that reimagines the traditional 4D interactive theater with features seamlessly blended with advanced technology
- EtherQuest – An action-packed interactive walk-through attraction where guests are the main characters in the adventure.
Challenge of the Mad Mage
Additional attractions at the park include Expedition Golf, a 36-hole mini golf course with play over mountains and inside caves; High Point Adventure, an outdoor ropes course experience; The Quadagon, featuring four indoor climbing courses for adults and kids; and the Wheel of Infinite Wonder, a Katmandu-themed carousel with figures inspired by creatures and characters from The Hidden Realms story.
The park experience will also be unified by BeyondME, a free-to-use game platform that allows guests of all ages to gain and spend “XP” experience points, connecting real-world experiences inside the park to digital experiences, including mobile games, Roblox, and online shopping. Guests will receive a smart wristband that carries their attraction passes, enables cashless payments, and grants them a unique virtual identity.
New Theme Park Concept
Katmandu Park Punta Cana will also change the modern-day theme park experience by replacing the “mega park” concept – attractions scattered across a massive footprint – with a “Big Experience/Small Footprint” concept that offers world-class experiences in a smaller area.
Katmandu Park will also be connected to entertainment experiences, and premium resort amenities, beginning with the new Falcon’s Resort by Meliá | All Suites Punta Cana located just steps away from the park.
Katmandu Park Punta Cana Tickets
The new theme park offers three ticket packages:
- 1-use Pass ($120 per adult and $85 per child) – One-time access to all attractions and rides across the park on any day until the pass is fully used. The pass will remain valid until guests have visited each attraction at the park one time.
- VIP Pass ($225 per adult and $140 per child) – Enables guests to experience all park attractions on any day until the pass is fully used. In addition to access to all attractions, guests are treated to an extra 18 holes of Expedition Golf, VIP parking, a complimentary locker, and a $75 credit to spend in the park.
- Katmandu Pass ($120 per adult and $85 per child) – Guests can experience all attractions once in one day with transportation from select pick-up areas included.
Guests who purchase advance tickets from Feb. 13 through March 15, 2023, will receive a complimentary, one-time early access pass, providing a sneak preview of select attractions at the park before its official opening.
Click here for more information.