The Castaway Club is Disney Cruise Line’s loyalty rewards application for repeat cruisers. DCL grants membership the minute a guest completes their first cruise. Membership comes with perks, and the additional cruises you get, the additional benefits you can get.
Like all loyalty applications, Disney Cruise Line’s Castaway Club has numerous ranges – a few to be correct: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Your status is primarily based on the variety of cruises you have completed.
Silver: Company who have finished 1-5 voyages with Disney Cruise Line. On your 5th cruise, you are still regarded as Silver. However, the instant you action off the ship from your 5th sailing you are instantly upgraded to Gold status.
Check out some retired Castaway Club goods and gifts right here.
Gold: Friends who have completed 6-9 voyages with Disney Cruise Line.
Platinum: Visitors who have finished 10 cruises. Again, your 10th cruise will be your last Gold-amount cruise, and afterward, you will be Platinum.
Castaway Club Membership Benefits
Disney grants perks to visitors primarily based on their membership amount. The greater the level, the extra perks you will receive.
- Book new itineraries 1 working day earlier than the general public and cruise activities 90 times prior to sailing.
- One of a kind Castaway Club member communications
- Committed Castaway Club telephone selection
- Distinctive cruise terminal look at-in (the place offered)
- Welcome Again Aboard reward
- E-book new itineraries 2 times previously than the standard community and cruise functions 105 days prior to sailing.
- All Silver member gains
- Particular special discounts (See subsequent area)
- Reserve new itineraries 3 days previously than the general public and cruise pursuits 120 times prior to sailing.
- All Gold and Silver member added benefits
- Complimentary dinner at Palo for you and visitors sailing in your stateroom.
About Those people Onboard Special discounts
Even if this is your first cruise, usually request the crew member about bargains when earning buys. Disney Holiday Club customers, Disney Visa Cardholders, and other Disney affinity groups have entry to discount rates on qualifying buys onboard Disney Cruise Line. But you have to talk to!
Castaway Club Benefits That Have Sailed Absent
Benefits come, and benefits go. Some perks disappeared in the course of the pandemic and have yet to make a reappearance.
- Gold and Platinum Onboard Reception (for cruises 8 evenings or extended): This has been “paused” because the resumption of cruising operations, and we have not heard of its return at this time.
- Advance look at-in: Ahead of the pandemic, Castaway Club customers experienced obtain to early cruise check out-in at the similar time they booked onboard things to do and Port Adventure. Now all guests are suitable to verify in 30 days prior to sailing. This usually means every person has an equivalent shot at grabbing a coveted early Port Arrival Time.
- Exclusive Items: This is an unofficial report. On my very last cruise (Disney Dream – Could 2022) I did not see any merchandise for Castaway Club users in any present store. The selection was often compact – normally a mug, cap, or perhaps a t-shirt – but it would seem to be lacking now. If you have observed any merch, permit us know!
Presents adjust from time to time. Beneath is the beach bag that I gained in 2016. The preceding bag was from a 2010 European Sailing.
Platinum (and Beyond)
Until eventually not long ago, Disney Cruise Line has only regarded three main degrees of membership: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Having said that, as DCL ages, the number of Platinum Amount Castaway Club users has enhanced.
When booking opened up for the Disney Would like, we ended up all expecting tiered opening dates centered on Castaway Club degree, but DCL threw in a minimal curveball. Platinum members were divided into 4 teams:
- Users with 25+ cruises
- Customers with 20+ cruises
- Customers with 15+ cruises
- Members with 10+ cruises
Every single sub-team had its personal day to get started booking on the latest ship. The outcome: The Inaugural sailing was sold out the early morning that Platinum members with 10+ cruises could ebook.
Castaway Club Application Positive aspects
What do you feel about Disney Cruise Line’s Castaway Club? Have you loved the perks and presents? What would you like to see DCL do in a different way with its loyalty program?
About Write-up Author
Melanie is the mother of 3 youthful adults. She is a indigenous Floridian who now life in North Carolina. She is a Gold Castaway Club Member who has sailed on all four of the existing ships at least as soon as and is completely ready to set sail on the Disney Wish this fall.