When I reviewed 4 Flamingos: A Richard Blais Florida Kitchen my favorite entree was the Black Lime Swordfish in brown butter. It was just simply just one particular of the finest parts of fish I have experienced in a long time. So I was thrilled when Blais agreed to share the recipe.
In the online video under, Blais discusses how the cafe arrived about, and his chef de cuisine, Shelby Farrell, walks us by means of the procedure of cooking the swordfish.
Check out the video then give the recipe down below a try out.
Black Lime Swordfish in Brown Butter with Charred Broccolini
2 thick slice swordfish steaks
1 cup Burlap & Barrel Black Lime Powder
3 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup granulated garlic
Clarified butter or olive oil
½ cup unsalted butter
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoon shallot, minced
2 tablespoon parsley, minced
1 lemon, lower in half
1 bunch broccolini
Salt to taste
1. Warmth oven to 500 degrees
2. Blend with each other lime powder, black pepper, and garlic.
3. Blanch broccolini in boiling, salted, h2o for 1 minute, shock in ice to preserve shade.
4. Time fish with salt then coat in black lime combination
5. Coat a incredibly hot oven-proof non-stick or cast iron pan with clarified butter (or olive oil), when just about cigarette smoking scorching include swordfish, sear on both of those sides then put pan in oven.
6. Prepare dinner right up until your wanted temperature is arrived at, 130 levels (medium) to 140 levels (effectively)
7. Whilst swordfish is cooking, toss broccolini in oil, time with salt and char beneath a broiler or on a grill until eventually finishes are crispy and stalk is cooked as a result of.
8. Clear away fish from pan. Insert whole butter to pan juices, prepare dinner until eventually browned. Increase garlic and shallots, cook dinner until translucent.
9. Get rid of sauce from warmth, stir in parsley and pour above swordfish and broccolini.
10. Garnish with a sprinkle of coarse salt and a 50 % of a lemon.