In today’s Chef’s Kitchen area, we’re hanging out at the cleverly-named SODO eatery referred to as Hungry Trousers owned by Alex and Joey — a loving few with a menu catering to every form of palette.
Check out this recipe featuring a wonton in contrast to most you have had just before. These delicate, most edible purses are vegan, but with “meaty” gratification.
Let’s cook dinner!
RECIPE: Black Bean Sweet Potato Wonton
Black Bean Sweet Potato Filling
- Black Beans, 15 oz, drained and rinsed
- Sweet potatoes, 7.5 oz, cubed, little squares
- Garlic Peeled, 3 cloves, minced
- Fresh new ginger root, 1 inch, minced
- Lemongrass, 6 grams, minced
- Salt, .5 tsp
- Sunflower Oil, 1 tsp
- In a sauté pan, heat sunflower oil.
- Add sweet potatoes and a pinch of salt, include pan with a lid.
- Reduce heat to medium very low. After sweet potatoes are softened, incorporate black beans, garlic, ginger and lemongrass.
- Sauté till sweet potatoes are cooked through and time with salt.
- Mash to develop a dense mixture. Awesome before assembling wontons.
Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce
- Agave Syrup, 7 T
- Chili Flakes, 1 T
- Tamari, 1/3 cup
- Olive Oil, 1/4 cup
- Dijon Mustard, 5 T
- Wonton Wrappers, 8
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Filling (see previously mentioned)
- Lay wrapper on a flat floor.
- Damp the edges with water.
- Increase a single teaspoon of filling to the center of the wrapper.
- Wonton should be fashioned in the “Samosa with a Twist” design and style.
- Pan fry 8 wontons in oil for 1 moment, then protect for 1 supplemental moment.
- Plate for serving.