If you’ve driven, walked, or biked around Orlando, you may have noticed the beautiful, creative murals gracing the walls of local businesses and restaurants. We’ve planned an entire day out from dawn to dusk highlighting Orlando murals and nearby eats, so bring a camera and someone you love. Here’s your itinerary to enjoy an adventure-filled date or a girls’ day out immersed in Orlando art and food!
Additional street art guides:
NEW Orlando Murals added to Parramore Main Street District
Three new murals have been added to Orlando’s beautiful mural scene. Full of important history, the Parramore area of downtown is now an official Main Street District. These new murals debuted in February 2022 and can be found at the following businesses:
- JEAN’S WELDING – 712 Church St Orlando, Florida 32805
- TRANSFORMATION SALON – 427 S Parramore Ave. Orlando, Florida 32805
- TIP TOP GROCERY – 446 S Parramore Ave. Orlando, Florida 32805
The artists are JJ the artists, VISORIES and AJ Barbel (AJDesignz).
Mural at Transformation Salon in Parramore Main Street District
Kick off your day with some morning fuel in the heart of downtown. Whether you’re a coffee connoisseur, a tenacious tea tester, or you’re just ready to chow down, you have a LOT of choices for delectables here, all within walking distance of each other and the city’s murals. We recommend parking or biking for a few hours at each destination so you have enough time to walk, talk and enjoy each spot.
- Le Gourmet Break – 150 S Magnolia Ave, Orlando, FL 32801
- CFS Coffee Downtown – 54 W Church St suite 150 s, Orlando, FL 32801
- Cuban American Cafe – 135 W Central Blvd #160, Orlando, FL 32801
- Craft & Common – 47 E Robinson St #100, Orlando, FL 32801
- Deeply Coffee – 111 N Magnolia Ave #50, Orlando, FL 32801
- The Monroe – 448 N Terry Ave, Orlando, FL 32801
Image credit: Kelly Lamano
These downtown Orlando murals might be subtle, so don’t miss them! The best part is you can walk along the tour and take in the art without worrying about sitting in one-way street traffic.
- U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team champions and Orlando Pride soccer players Alex Morgan and Ashlyn Harris by Samantha Shumaker and Ryan Semples – Corner of Robinson St. and Orange Ave.
- Multiple: 1) Red Chinese Pavilion from Lake Eola with white ibis birds and Lake Eola fountain, 2) “Gertrude’s Way” letters with birds flying throughout mural, 3) Urban life with people, plants, birds, a raccoon, nature and fruits, and 4) Florida wildlife – a gator, flamingo, turtle, and other scenes – on the SunRail by Andrew Reid and Martha Lent – Gertrude’s Walk Urban Trail, one-way side street off W. Jefferson St.
- Purple alligator kicking it Orlando style: riding a swan boat with Mickey ears, an Orlando City foam hand, and an umbrella by Earl Funk – 129 W Church St, Orlando, FL 32801
- Midnight Dream, Monarch Initiative by Ink Dwell studio – 520 S Magnolia Avenue
Midnight Dream, Monarch Initiative by Ink Dwell studio – 520 S Magnolia Avenue | Image credit: Haleigh Nicole Photography
Menus: Snack Boost
Keep the day moving along with a snack in the Thornton Park District and surrounding area. Quench your thirst at a juice bar, indulge in ramen, pick a pastry or order a croissant with scrambled eggs. Your body will thank you for the mid-morning boost!
These walls celebrate stories and symbols of the City Beautiful:
- Thornton Park Central Garage by Fred Moline – 120 N Eola Dr, Orlando, FL 32801
- Pulse mural by Michael Pilato, Yuriy Karabash, and Chimene Hurst – Burton’s Bar and Grill – 801 E Washington St, Orlando, FL 32801
- Women’s suffrage mural by What Is She Painting Orlando – 805 E Washington St, Orlando, FL 32801
- Swan mural by Evoca1 – The Falcon Bar and Gallery – 819 E Washington St, Orlando, FL 32801
- Maxine’s on Shine (You might see Maxine herself there!) – 337 N Shine Ave, Orlando, FL 32803
- Greetings from Orlando by Victor Ving of Greetings Tour – Uncle Tony’s Donut Shoppe – 703 N Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32801
From homemade hummus to giant slices of pizza, plant-based bites to top-notch tacos, Asian cuisine and everything in between, there are plenty of options for everyone to enjoy! After departing from Thornton Park, the Mills 50 District and The Milk District await.
- King Bao Mills – 710 N Mills Ave, Orlando, FL 32803
- Pho 88 Vietnamese Restaurant – 730 N Mills Ave, Orlando, FL 32803
- Lazy Moon – 1011 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32803
- Little Saigon – 1106 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32803
- Black Rooster Taqueria – 1323 N Mills Ave, Orlando, FL 32803
Black Rooster Taqueria | Image credit: Arlene Laboy
With all the beautiful murals on Mills Ave and its surrounding streets, we couldn’t list them all, but here are some highlights to keep an eye out for:
- Dance club mural by Andrew Spear – Little Saigon – 1106 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32803
- Pulse tribute mural by Andrew Spear – iFixYouri – 1200 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32803
- Scene of Orlando mural by Andrew Spear – 1401 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32803
- Sam Flax murals by multiple artists – 1800 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32803
- Koi mural by Ric Sosa – Pho 88 Vietnamese Restaurant – 730 N Mills Ave, Orlando, FL 32803
- Freddie Mercury mural by Jonas Never – Floyd’s 99 Barbershop – 842 N Mills Ave, Orlando, FL 32803
- #OrlandoStrong mural by Track Shack Staff and Volunteers – 1104 N Mills Ave, Orlando, FL 32803
- Strawberry mural by Boy Kong – The Lamp & Shade Fair – 1336 N Mills Ave, Orlando, FL 32803
- Gator and oranges mural – 1009 N Mills Ave, Orlando, FL 32803 (scope out the geometric mural at the front of Wally’s Bar right next door too)
Want more Mills murals? Continue the adventure here!
Pulse mural by Andrew Spear at iFixYouri, 1200 E. Colonial | Image credit: Arlene Laboy
While you’re in the area, visit some bonus murals on a side trip to The Milk District. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Milk District Aztec Lion by Redefine Gallery artist – Echo Base Collectibles – 2422 E Robinson St, Orlando, FL 32803
- Milk District R2-D2 by Earl Funk – Echo Base Collectibles – 2422 E Robinson St, Orlando, FL 32803
- T.G. Lee Milk District mural – Across from 2424 E Robinson St, Orlando
- Colonial Lanes mural – 400 Primrose Dr, Orlando, FL 32803
Milk District Aztec Lion | Image credit: Kelly Lamano
Menus: Power Snack
Afternoon slump who? We’re halfway through the adventure! Hop in the car for a pit stop in College Park for caffeine, carbs, and protein to stay energized.
- Infusion Tea – 1600 Edgewater Dr, Orlando, FL 32804
- Blended Bistro & Boba – 2306 Edgewater Dr, Orlando, FL 32804
- The Soda Fountain – 2525 Edgewater Dr, Orlando, FL 32804
- Foxtail Coffee and Bagel Bruno – 3405 Edgewater Dr, Orlando, FL 32804
- Tornatore’s Cafe & Pizzeria – 3818 Edgewater Dr, Orlando, FL 32804
The Soda Fountain | Image credit: Arlene Laboy
College Park’s Edgewater Drive showcases many more great artist pieces. Check out these upbeat, colorful murals:
- Rainbow hearts mural by Chris Uphues and Jen Koehl – Infusion Tea – 1600 Edgewater Dr, Orlando, FL 32804
- Orlando scene mural by Richard Minino – David’s Cycle – 2517 Edgewater Drive Orlando
- Eat more ice cream mural – The Soda Fountain – 2525 Edgewater Dr, Orlando, FL 32804
Image credit: Rose Torres @floridamomonthego
Devour delicious dinner and drinks as you “wine” down for the night in Winter Park.
- The Tap Room at Dubsdread – 549 Par Street Orlando, FL 32804
- The Porch – 643 N Orange Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789
- The Ravenous Pig – 565 W Fairbanks Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789
- Krungthep Tea Time – 1051 W Fairbanks Ave. Winter Park, FL 32789
- Hunger Street Tacos – 2103 W Fairbanks Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789
- The COOP – 610 W Morse Blvd, Winter Park, FL 32789
Image credit: The Ravenous Pig
Each mural below shares a piece of history. The artists painted these stories for us to connect with, interpret and learn.
- Planting Dreams, Harvesting Hopes by Roberto Vega and Rosario Martinez, architect Yankel Balderas and artist Liseth Amaya – Hunger Street Tacos – 2103 W Fairbanks Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789
- Bob Ross by Jonas Never – Floyd’s 99 Barbershop – 610 W Fairbanks Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789
- Mr. Rogers by Jonas Never – Floyd’s 99 Barbershop – 610 W Fairbanks Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789
There are multiple murals to see on the facade of Hunger Street Tacos | Image credit: Stephanie Patterson
End the evening on a sweet note! One of these cozy treat shops is sure to satisfy a sweet tooth (and give you some fuel for the ride home!):
The Glass Knife
Our final murals stops are filled with inspiration and innovative initiatives.
- Fun colors and shapes – SOHO Juice Co. – 646 S Orlando Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789
- Monarch mural – The Gardens at DePugh – 550 W Morse Blvd, Winter Park, FL 32789
- Milkweed Galaxy, Monarch Initiative by Ink Dwell studio – Full Sail University – 3150 University Blvd, Winter Park, FL 32792
Image credit: The Monarch Initiative
More artwork and eateries to explore:
Feature image credit courtesy of Rose Torres @floridamomonthego