ST. CLOUD, Fla. — Easter Sunday is coming up, and an Osceola County girl is getting her Easter obsession to the national degree.
Elaine Duran is battling it out on Easter Basket Challenge, airing on Food Network.
1. “I like to say that my brain is like a rainbow,” Duran reported, smiling as we achieved up with her for Easter cupcake demos. For her, Easter normally takes the cake. “I’m a incredibly spiritual woman, so it truly is about who has brought me this much.”
2. She has had very a tough journey, commencing back in 2008. “I lost my work, and my spouse experienced suffered a heart attack,” she claimed. “I was like, How am I likely to do this? I need to reinvent myself. So a mate of mine gave me a great idea of, Hey, let us go just take a cake course jointly … We are manicurists. We can do this.”
3. She was hooked, even launching EverythingElaine.com as a bona fide cake designer and small business owner. But then, one more bombshell. “I was identified with stage 4 breast cancer… It was about, am I likely to stay?” Duran fought the heck out of it. “Literally a 7 days in advance of I was requested to go on the Food stuff Community, I obtained the Alright from my physicians.”
4. Easter Basket Problem is hosted by Sunny Anderson and is a baking levels of competition exactly where seven Easter-obsessed bakers make holiday masterpieces by 5 1-hour episodes. The competitors is judged by Jordan Andino and Claudia Sandoval. One particular baker is eradicated each episode with the final three competition battling it out for the Bunny Income prize – a golden egg loaded with $25,000.
5. In the Video over, Duran gives up some sweet and innovative Easter cupcake concepts. You can also meet her and consider a class — Cake It and Take It — to study how to make a individualized bunny cake. Her Orlando course is going on three moments this Friday, April 2, at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., and 6 p.m. at Fondant Source Cake & Craft in Orlando.